Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cayman S Mahogany Metallic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a source for body colored side air intakes or is it a remove the origionals and have a body shop paint them kind of proposition?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It was also a factory option from Porsche to have them body color so you could check with a dealer to see if they can get you some. My guess having them painted to match will be cheaper than the typical outrageous Porsche parts prices

·
Registered
2015 Cayman S Mahogany Metallic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was also a factory option from Porsche to have them body color so you could check with a dealer to see if they can get you some. My guess having them painted to match will be cheaper than the typical outrageous Porsche parts prices
I figured as much regarding the dealer. I've got a great body shop here in town that I'll talk to to see what they can do. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Has anyone found a source for body colored side air intakes or is it a remove the origionals and have a body shop paint them kind of proposition?
If the originals are plastic like mine I don't know how they would look painted. I would buy these and paint them or get them painted.

Air intakes

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
They are all plastic and the same parts and just snap in so no need to buy new ones. Just pop out the originals and prime and paint them.

As stated, Porsche offered them in body color as an option as they did also for the front spoiler lip and rear diffuser area vs black as standard. Its a combo trim package in body color for all of the parts, but in retrospect personally like the contrast of the black better

See mine at the dealership in racing yellow with this color trim package option, however it has all since been removed and replaced since 2016 with black carbon and factory black rear GT4 diffuser

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is all very funny to me. I have a 2008 CS in speed yellow. In that vintage, the air intakes were body color by default. I've been wanting to get black intakes for a while! In fact, there was a "special edition" version of the car (that cost more, of course) with deviated colors.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Its like the 992 911 now where you can pay $850 to have the brake calipers in black. What was standard at one point magically becomes an option later on, and then flips the other way eventually again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts