Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of any good body shops for my Porsche Cayman near Fairfax VA? I called my dealer and they reccomended First Choice Auto Body. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wagenwerks in Alexandria and D&V Autobody in Chantilly/Dulles is where I'd go. Both are costly but they do good work. D&V has done a bunch of the Team EMOTION cars from what I remember.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wagenwerks in Alexandria and D&V Autobody in Chantilly/Dulles is where I'd go. Both are costly but they do good work. D&V has done a bunch of the Team EMOTION cars from what I remember.
+1 on Wagonworks in Crystal City. They have worked on a couple of cars of mine over the years and did a fantastic job both times.

·
Registered
79 Posts
M roadster, 550/1500 rs and cayman s all done at first choice. have lived in the dc area all my life. for on time, fair price, fights your insurance company on your behalf for o.e.m. NEW parts. they are the only choice.

PERIOD

·
Registered
266 Posts
Need to get some hood work done from an SUV backing over my car ([email protected][email protected]). These posts are pretty dated. Anyone have any recent experience with Wagon Works? Drove by today and it looks pretty well run with lots of BMWs and Porsches there. There is nightmare review of First Choice so I'm thinking of taking it to Wagon Works. Thoughts or alternatives?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I took my CS in to WagonWork a couple of months ago. They did a great job and I would definitely recommend them.

That job was out of pocket so I don't have experience yet with how they do working with insurance companies. However, my daily driver was rear ended recently so I will be taking it in next week to fix under the other guy's insurance, so we will get to see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
First Choice in Arlington, Virginia had a great experience, out of pocket. Stay has far away as possible from Wagon Works I had a really bad experience with them, i went through insurance on my black Cayman. They left paint runs on my car, ruined my clear bra by getting paint on it and skimped on Clearcoat on the inside bottom portion of my both my doors. They told me that a rough finish was normal on all porsches. I went to Porsche looked at every car on the show room floor and it was smooth,Wagon Works lied and would not make it right. Wagon works used be good, but one of the main guys left and opened First Choice.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Anyone familiar with precision collision? I had a contraction truck spew all kinds of stuff all over my car - big enough to actually go through my clear bra which is pretty impressive. My insurance company recommended using precision collision. I've heard several sources say that wagon werks isn't what it used to be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts