Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read with interest a recent posting concerning the Bose sound. Comparing the Bose system to The 2013 911, I find the sound in my 2015 Cayman much more boomy. I understand the cabin in both cars are not alike but I am disappointed in the sound when playing different sources and satellite stations. Although I can control some Boomyness by adjusting the base level, I feel I should not have to go to the negative side of flat to accomplish this. I used to install custom stereo systems in my cars but I have not done so in several years. I would be interested if there are any members that have worked on the Bose systems found in a Porsche. As mentioned in a previous posting is it possible to control some of the base level within the system using poly fill material within the speaker enclosure. If anyone has any experience with this along with the location and access to the speaker enclosures I would appreciate hearing from you.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The subwoofer is under the dash somewhere.

My experience with Bose in my Cayman is that it is weak in upper mid-bass and over strong on low bass. To make CD and other music sound full, you have to adjust the bass high. Then play a DTS disc or full range Dolby Digital music track and boom, boom boom!

The HD radio, when set to listen to non-digital channels will be incredibly tinny when listening to a digital station. Too bad they didn't allow different settings for digital vs analog.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had the Bose in my 2006 CS and it's the only thing about the car I didn't like. (The Bose in my RX-8, however, was fantastic) I went with the Burmester in my CGTS and for me, well worth the extra dosh - thanks for validating my choice. :hilarious:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Had the same problem. There's a way to change the settings that helped. Unfortunately i cant remember what i did(not fun getting old). There was a post you can search for. Wont be a problem with the GT4 no bose available.
Took a deposit on the 15 CS today so now no fun till the end of aug when the 4 gets here.
I'm thinking about bringing Willie Nelson in and doing a benefit (NO Cayman Aid). carl

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
I don't know if this will work on a 981 or not. I found the bass much better on the CDR24 if the surround is turned off, the speed sensitive volume is turned off and bass level is cranked down. It's cheap enough to try.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I read with interest a recent posting concerning the Bose sound. Comparing the Bose system to The 2013 911, I find the sound in my 2015 Cayman much more boomy. I understand the cabin in both cars are not alike but I am disappointed in the sound when playing different sources and satellite stations. Although I can control some Boomyness by adjusting the base level, I feel I should not have to go to the negative side of flat to accomplish this. I used to install custom stereo systems in my cars but I have not done so in several years. I would be interested if there are any members that have worked on the Bose systems found in a Porsche. As mentioned in a previous posting is it possible to control some of the base level within the system using poly fill material within the speaker enclosure. If anyone has any experience with this along with the location and access to the speaker enclosures I would appreciate hearing from you.
I've found that setting the "Linear" option in the Sound options gives *much* better sound.

IMG_0713[1].JPG

Reactions: CaptAnzuelo
1 - 8 of 8 Posts