Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight on the difference power wise if any. Also the people with 12653 (4 in tips) how do you like the look, any pictures?

If anyone has one near Pensacola Florida I'd love to hear it...and if anyone has a system they want to sell :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can't imagine there is any power difference. The pipes are the same size, its just the tips that are 4" vs 3.5". I bought the 3.5" tips for my 2007 Cayman S because it was cheaper. The exhaust is great. Love the way it sounds. May have to do headers some day to make it even more aggressive. I have had more than one stranger stop and ask what was on the car because it sounds so great.

·
Registered
188 Posts
According to a Borla tech I spoke with there is no difference in horsepower between the two. I have the 3.5 in tips. They fill the opening to the point I can just put my finger between the tip and the trim piece. I like the size and IMHO the 4 in would look too big.

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
IMG_20140805_152821.jpg
Here is a picture of the 4 inch tips. I think the exhaust sounds pretty good, I wouldn't mind it being louder though, but I like loud cars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 4" tips on my Boxster S... fills the space nicely, but it's all about personal preference. Like Last_935 said, the only difference between to two systems is the appearance... everything else is the same. Click on my gallery if you want to see pics.

Here is a vid I made comparing stock vs. Borla. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9z7raGtU54

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks for the vid osudesi.

The Borla sure sounds good. Is the drone loud on highways? It sure sounds like it would be in the latter part of your vid.

Eddie

I have the 4" tips on my Boxster S... fills the space nicely, but it's all about personal preference. Like Last_935 said, the only difference between to two systems is the appearance... everything else is the same. Click on my gallery if you want to see pics.

Here is a vid I made comparing stock vs. Borla. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9z7raGtU54

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is no drone on the highway. Loaded heavy from 2000-2800 rpm it does drone but on the highway I am above that.

I was worried about drone as well and its not a problem at all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have catless header and the drone occurs between 1800 and 2200 RPM's. It's only an issue pulling away in first gear. Sounds great at highway speeds. I wouldn't want it any louder.

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the 4 in tips coming in today for $1390 shipped brand new :) I cant wait to get them on!! Next is open flash tune, evoms intake, and hopefully viking plenum and gt3 throttle body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts