Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the greater Houston area who has the Borla catback exhaust installed? I'd like to hear it in person before dropping $1600.

Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey Jacob, not sure if you are still looking for someone, but I just installed mine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jacob, not sure if you are still looking for someone, but I just installed mine
Thanks James, I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on after a week. The sound from 4-6k was like I had died and gone to heaven, but the drone from 2-4k was unbearable to me. This is my daily driver though and I do a lot of conference calls while on the road. How is it working out for you?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Only had on for about 100 miles so far, but very little drone if any. I was expecting quite a bit but so far so good, I did tighten the heck out of everything. It isn't my DD, but I drive it when the weather permits, so more than most weekend guys. I also have the top down 90% of time as well, so I am sure that helps with the drone. I have PDK, and so far other than it being pretty loud and bit lower tone that I was seeking it is pretty good. I bought mine used for a great price that I couldn't pass up. Worse case I should be able to sell it for close to what I bought it for and I installed it my self. Overall I am happy with the purchase thus far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I bet the soft top helps a lot. Mine felt like the drone was resonating inside the cabin, like I was sitting in a barrel. Glad you're happy with yours!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I could definitely see if I had a hard top it could be pretty bad. I still have to do some more driving with the top up and see, once 100 degree weather gets here and the AC seats can't keep up, the top goes up in the middle of the day. Go get the Cargraphic exhaust or the Armytrix, I want to hear one in person and decide if I want to change to one of those, haha :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts