Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed the borla on my '07 CS! The difference is overwhelming compared to stock. The bump in HP is def noticeable and the "wail" is over-the-top. On the interstate, it was obvious that others could hear me approaching as they would quickly change lanes to let me pass...ha! The downside is that the drone is pretty bad between 2400-3000....maybe this will lessen over time.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
the drone does lessen but you learn to drive through it faster.....find some tunnels and long overpasses. I love the sound of mine...neighbors...well not so much

·
Registered
24 Posts
On the interstate, it was obvious that others could hear me approaching as they would quickly change lanes to let me pass...ha!
Now that's a safety feature right there! Big congratulations on the borla.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had the exhaust on my car about a year now. It has mellowed and drone dies out around 2700 rpm now. I only really notice it when starting from a full stop (I learned to drive at higher rpms otherwise :))

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had my Borla Exhaust installed about 3 weeks ago. I just love the sound. The drone doesn't bother me, maybe because my dd is a Diesel Truck. Go under a overpass and give it some gas. You will have a smile a mile wide!!!

·
Embracing Performance
63 Posts
I had the Borla installed about a year ago. I am a sound guy and it's intoxicating! I get compliments all the time. The tunnels and overpasses are incredible...
Enjoy, and let em all hear you coming.

Rich

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,652 Posts
Exhaust + software + plenum + desnork + is a great combo for an NA car. It pulls so strong to redline and fills in the mid range torque dip

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have had the Borla on mine for almost 2 years now: still loving it and get compliments all the time. My brother says he can hear me on the other side of Sebring and now can tell what turn I'm in based just on the sound :dance:

Enjoy the sound; it _never_ gets old :banana: But watch out the modification path is long, expensive, and addicting!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got borla installed yesterday on my 06 cayman s.. Took 2 hours 30 mins to install it. Love it so much haha. Thanks to all my friend on this forum who tell me all about borla that made me bought it. No regret thou, will get it for all my other cars haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.