Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm overly ready to do away with the stock exhaust on my 987.1 S but am having a hard time making the purchase for a few reasons. I like the Borla for the money however I'm concerned about how bad the drone will be given that I put plenty of freeway miles on the car. Im also concerned that the sport exhaust doesn't warrant the $2,600+ porsche wants for it (still to quiet). Does anyone have either of these exhausts installed and would be willing to take me for a ride so i could hear them? Im in north country san diego but would be willing to drive wherever within reason (LA area would be the farthest).

appreciate the help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not in the area at all, but I can tell you that at highways speeds, the Borla is as quiet at stock. The only noticable drone is around 2000-2700RPM, but you can easily shift around it if you have a manual transmission. Drone was a concern to me, so I kept my stock exhaust in case I wanted to swap back. Since I installed the Borla, I haven't given it a second thought. The sound and power makes my 987.1 S sound like it gained two more cylinders in comparison to stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts