Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been really reading these threads and polls on exhausts and it seems that of the aftermarkets, Borla and Speedart are the top 2 choices.

What I haven't seen much of is why one over the other? Is it purely the exhaust note? Or is there something else such as ease of installation, quality etc?

I'd like to get an exhaust in the next couple weeks. I was leaning towards Borla as I've known the brand for years and years and love the deep, rich tone it provides in that red CS video. I've never heard of Speedart but it's obviously popular.

Yet another question from me. Hopefully, they'll start slowing down. :)

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
...What I haven't seen much of is why one over the other? Is it purely the exhaust note? Or is there something else such as ease of installation, quality etc?...
Could you possibly make a better choice than Borla with their million mile warranty and in your case a drive to their HQ's in Oxnard from SB if questions arise? For my CS it will-be Borla to the end :).

zornet :):burnout:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you possibly make a better choice than Borla with their million mile warranty and in your case a drive to their HQ's in Oxnard from SB if questions arise? For my CS it will-be Borla to the end :).

zornet :):burnout:
I emailed HQ at Borla today and they pretty much blew me off saying they do R & D only and nothing else. Was a bit disappointed but oh well. Business is business I guess.

Million mile warranty sure is nice though.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
You also might conceder FabSpeed.....I have their full setup and could not be happier with the results.....more power and a great sound especially when you really get on it. I am sure there are others out there that feel the same way. BTW,the fit and finish is superb with a lifetime warranty....just my two cents

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Too bad you're not on the NY area, we have one of almost every exhaust in our group. Very easy to make a comparision. Humm, gives me an idea, we need to have another exhaust shootout video...

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I emailed HQ at Borla today and they pretty much blew me off saying they do R & D only and nothing else. Was a bit disappointed but oh well. Business is business I guess.

Million mile warranty sure is nice though.
Can't really blame them. Their offices in Oxnard aren't really equipped to do a lot of paid shop work at once, and it's definitely set up as more of a research/testing/welding facility than anything else. They don't even have the ability to perform point-of-sale transactions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't really blame them. Their offices in Oxnard aren't really equipped to do a lot of paid shop work at once, and it's definitely set up as more of a research/testing/welding facility than anything else. They don't even have the ability to perform point-of-sale transactions.
yeah, I don't blame them at all. Just got my hopes up for a couple minutes. lol.

·
Registered
975 Posts
What I haven't seen much of is why one over the other? Is it purely the exhaust note? Or is there something else such as ease of installation, quality etc?
If you've narrowed it down to these 2 congratulations, there are definitely a ton of aftermarket exhaust options for our cars. Both are quality products that offer a nice increase in performance. IMHO the best way to pick is to take a stance on drone.

Does the idea of having a droning exhaust worry you? Get Speedart
Is exhaust note your priority? Get Borla

I have Borla on my daily driven CS and experience droning every day. It's really not as bad as some reviews led me to believe, but I'm a person who doesn't mind that accelerating from 2k-3k rpm now resonates my cabin.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Too bad you're not on the NY area, we have one of almost every exhaust in our group. Very easy to make a comparision. Humm, gives me an idea, we need to have another exhaust shootout video...
Pete is correct...I was lucky enough to be with the Nor'easter group during a meet that had 3 different systems to judge from (Borla, SpeedART, Remus)...it makes it easier to hear each and to determine which one you would like...they are all high tech-ed systems and all are well regarded in the Cayman community...each of the owners stated that they love theirs the best...what it all comes down to is the sound you are looking for...the drone thing is all true but with a caveat...it is all a matter of what you get use to...when I first purchased my car, my better half thought it was LOUD (stock system)...after installing the Borla, although she did notice it, she didn't think it was much louder than the stock system...the difference (IMHO) from the SpeedART and the two others is that the Borla and the Remus have a raw sound most of the time...the SpeedART is a more sophisticated sound under normal driving conditions...until you punch it...then it is beautiful music after that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts