Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I loved my 981CS,we are a 2 car family again so I had to lose the 2 seater. The 991S is very nice and my 14 month old boy loves it!! The car is Guards Red/full beige interior..
Has some pretty good options except sports exhaust..I will deal with that in a few months,but I will say that the 991S makes some pretty good noise even without it. I got a good deal on the car but got killed trading in my wife Panamera (2014 w/4200 miles)..She had decided that her Range Rover is enough..Costly lesson but its done..
I did drive the Cayman GTS and really loved it!!! maybe one day I will get back in a Cayman..But am I one of those folks that need a backseat and as useless as the 911 backseats are,I need them!! I will continue to be around, all the best, Joey

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Chows4us I am on it..at this point I have spent enough..I basically got a stripped down 911S for what a loaded one would be!!! ..3 cars was really overkill for us..losing the 981S and the Panamera made sense but flipping new cars is really not a smart financial move..I will be in this 991S for a few years for sure..and my wife loves her Range Rover.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yep, trading in a new car hurts, but not as much as keeping a new car that's not right. Hope you enjoy the 991S.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Sounds great. Please stay around. We need more 911 guys/gals in here.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Love that color combo, of course. And an interesting reminder that, unlike a 981, a 911 is a "family car", if just barely. Congrats on avoiding the Minivan Malaise. :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been there. The car seat fit snugly in the back of my 911 and my daughter loved to go for rides and fall asleep. Good move. You won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
the best way to get out of that Panamera.. is find a heavily discounted 991S then lease it for 2 years...
but congrats 991S is a great car...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Nice! 911S' are great cars. I will have one some day -- I am sure of it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Methinks you made the best possible choice for someone who loves a 981 but needs that backseat. Enjoy it in good health.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just came back from driving my 14 year old and his friend in the new 911..they thought it was so cool...I am amazed how more room is back there than my last 997S..
I must admit I REALLY miss my Cayman S but this was really cool to share this with my boy and his friend..I have a 14 month old as well,and we just bought a car seat for it as well..
I will be the dad with the cool car!!!
If money wasn't an option,I would have a Cayman GTS as well!!!!!
all the best,Joey

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Good luck to you from a 991S owner. I'm happy to see someone who appreciates both the 981 and 991.

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Registered
349 Posts
As much as I loved my 981CS,we are a 2 car family again so I had to lose the 2 seater. The 991S is very nice and my 14 month old boy loves it!! The car is Guards Red/full beige interior..
Has some pretty good options except sports exhaust..I will deal with that in a few months,but I will say that the 991S makes some pretty good noise even without it. I got a good deal on the car but got killed trading in my wife Panamera (2014 w/4200 miles)..She had decided that her Range Rover is enough..Costly lesson but its done..
I did drive the Cayman GTS and really loved it!!! maybe one day I will get back in a Cayman..But am I one of those folks that need a backseat and as useless as the 911 backseats are,I need them!! I will continue to be around, all the best, Joey
Congrats and well done.
The 911 posts are so scarce, its good to see some activity.
I also loved the CS but the wife and kids felt left out.

I'm in the same boat about the PSE retrofit.
I've started a thread on it.

http://www.planet-9.com/showthread.php?t=104977

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think every Porsche owner should own at least one 911 in his lifetime.
Me too, so would someone please give me a 991 GTS Coupe to go with my 981 BS. Just to express my gratitude, I'd even accept PDK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Congrats. We made a similar move earlier this ear... But from a 986 to a 997.2. Enjoy the 911.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well I wish I had gone from a 986 to 997..would have cost A LOT less!!!!
I had a 997.1S and loved it..If it had been a 997.2S with the updated electronics,I doubt I would have ever gotten the 981cs..But then again I am glad I had the 981CS even though it was only 9 months!!!

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
911s is nothing to be ashamed of! :) Congrats!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts