Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 boxster which I love so much I thought it needed a friend. 1999 Carrera. has higher miles but i'll clean it up and make it pretty again.

Its getting shipped up from Georgia today, it should be here tomorrow sometime.

got it for $15,700.. how did I do?

As most new buyers... i'll ask stupid question like performance mods I can do and will the turbo sticker make it faster ;) lol

I have been reading up on the 3.4l motor... I do plan on rebuilding asap. anyone have any luck doing it there self? I have built tons of motors so I'm not scared and I am aware of the unique aspect of this motor.. I can do it ;)

If you were rebuilding your 3.4l, what would you do to up the power a bit? sleeved, forged, turbo etc. ? any thoughts?

please pessimists... don't chime in.. I bought my boxster and started personalizing it and ohhhh how dare I !!! wow the kick back I got lol Its my car.. I like to change things up lol please be a true enthusiast about cars if your going to chime in and understand not everyone has to have there car.. just like yours lol ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
First off I want to say that is a good looking 911. However, I'm going to bet you won't find it as much fun as the Boxster, time will tell. As for rebuilding that is a very ambitious undertaking. Are you sure you need to rebuild it? (You'll need a lift just to drop the engine out.) Anyway if the current engine runs without blowing blue smoke and if the oil checks out without iron filings I personally would not rebuild it. The list of performance mods that you can add to this engine, without the necessity of a rebuild, are as long as your arm. ECU flashes, throttle bodies, headers, cams, you name it. Anyway, good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. it was fun driving it so far. it does have some bugs to work out. my most important one right now is to get into the engine bay so I can change the rear light bulbs. they don't work and the lever to open the rear trunk is not working... finding tons of stuff online for the front trunk but zero for the rear :( kinda lost any thoughs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some pics of it cleaned up after I got it home this weekend. also wow there is a seriously loud thumping system in this car, also while looking for a way into the trunk I seen this under there :) complete fabspeed exhaust very cool

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.