Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a first time Porsche owner, just bought my 2006 Cayman S 2 weeks ago and have been loving every minute of driving it, owning it, talking about it. I did my homework when shopping for a used Cayman and found an amazingly kept 2006 at a local dealership.

Previous car history: 1985 Mazda 626, 1994 Honda Civic DX, 2000 Mazda b2300, 1998 Acura Integra GSR, 2001 Mazda b2300, 1998 Acura Integra GSR (Again).

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car

Question: Can you identify these wheels? They are 20 inch... and I do not think they are OEM - they might just have the OEM center caps...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Congrats and welcome - you will love this car! :cheers:

Be sure and check out the San Diego region of the PCA. Really nice people and they have lots of great driving events. Autocrosses at Qualcomm stadium are a great place to start to explore the limits of this fantastic car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I am so in love with it already... I will be sure to check out the SD region of the PCA & autocross down at The Murph!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sweet. I got mine 06 a week ago. Winter is coming in Chicago unfortunately so it will be a nice day car. I should have
a dozen good drives left till spring.

Have a great time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sweet. I got mine 06 a week ago. Winter is coming in Chicago unfortunately so it will be a nice day car. I should have
a dozen good drives left till spring.

Have a great time!
Nice, I suggest you bump it up to two a days till the spring! Get a couple dozen more drives in! lol

Thanks for the post, looking forward to getting to know this car more. Any more tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to Planet 9. I like the cayman labels on your car. My first porsche was a 2003 base boxster. I'm very happy going to the 987S. I've had my cayman now for over a year. Lots of interesting topic threads, and opinions, on this site.

Have fun driving your car. I got another month before it goes under the car cover.

Reactions: Pauly_Wallnuts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to Planet 9. I like the cayman labels on your car. My first porsche was a 2003 base boxster. I'm very happy going to the 987S. I've had my cayman now for over a year. Lots of interesting topic threads, and opinions, on this site.

Have fun driving your car. I got another month before it goes under the car cover.
Thanks for the post. I too like the decals, though I am most likely removing the one across the windshield - it obstructs my view. The one thing I am replacing soon are the wheels, they are 20s and I want lighter wheels with some more rubber.

Bummer that you will have to store your Cayman S under a cover... having a beast like that hibernate would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats. I'm usually not a fan of 19"+but your car handles 20" rather well.

Reactions: Pauly_Wallnuts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats. I'm usually not a fan of 19"+but your car handles 20" rather well.
Thanks - I too am usually not a fan, but these 20s looked good. I am in the market for some OEM wheels, just need to decide which ones, haha.

Let me know if you have any suggestions... looking to get lighter and faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts