Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a first time Porsche owner, just bought my 2006 Cayman S 2 weeks ago and have been loving every minute of driving it, owning it, talking about it. I did my homework when shopping for a used Cayman and found an amazingly kept 2006 at a local dealership.

Previous car history: 1985 Mazda 626, 1994 Honda Civic DX, 2000 Mazda b2300, 1998 Acura Integra GSR, 2001 Mazda b2300, 1998 Acura Integra GSR (Again).

Cayman_S.jpg

Question: Can you identify these wheels? They are 20 inch... and I do not think they are OEM - they might just have the OEM center caps...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Congrats and welcome - you will love this car! :cheers:

Be sure and check out the San Diego region of the PCA. Really nice people and they have lots of great driving events. Autocrosses at Qualcomm stadium are a great place to start to explore the limits of this fantastic car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! I am so in love with it already... I will be sure to check out the SD region of the PCA & autocross down at The Murph!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sweet. I got mine 06 a week ago. Winter is coming in Chicago unfortunately so it will be a nice day car. I should have
a dozen good drives left till spring.

Have a great time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sweet. I got mine 06 a week ago. Winter is coming in Chicago unfortunately so it will be a nice day car. I should have
a dozen good drives left till spring.

Have a great time!
Nice, I suggest you bump it up to two a days till the spring! Get a couple dozen more drives in! lol

Thanks for the post, looking forward to getting to know this car more. Any more tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to Planet 9. I like the cayman labels on your car. My first porsche was a 2003 base boxster. I'm very happy going to the 987S. I've had my cayman now for over a year. Lots of interesting topic threads, and opinions, on this site.

Have fun driving your car. I got another month before it goes under the car cover.

Reactions: Pauly_Wallnuts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to Planet 9. I like the cayman labels on your car. My first porsche was a 2003 base boxster. I'm very happy going to the 987S. I've had my cayman now for over a year. Lots of interesting topic threads, and opinions, on this site.

Have fun driving your car. I got another month before it goes under the car cover.
Thanks for the post. I too like the decals, though I am most likely removing the one across the windshield - it obstructs my view. The one thing I am replacing soon are the wheels, they are 20s and I want lighter wheels with some more rubber.

Bummer that you will have to store your Cayman S under a cover... having a beast like that hibernate would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats. I'm usually not a fan of 19"+but your car handles 20" rather well.

Reactions: Pauly_Wallnuts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats. I'm usually not a fan of 19"+but your car handles 20" rather well.
Thanks - I too am usually not a fan, but these 20s looked good. I am in the market for some OEM wheels, just need to decide which ones, haha.

Let me know if you have any suggestions... looking to get lighter and faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts