Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi planning to buy a car, Im choosing between the new 2010 Camaro or this really bad *** looking porsche boxster 2005 (70,000 miles) for 23000. Is that a good price? and what am i gonna be worried about if ever I get the porsche? They say that after 4 years (2005-2009) after buying your porsche thats the time where you need to change and fix a lot if stuff. please help guys

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
From what I'm hearing about the 2010 Camaro, you're gonna be fixing stuff from year 1. Might as well get the Boxster.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
From what I'm hearing about the 2010 Camaro, you're gonna be fixing stuff from year 1. Might as well get the Boxster.
Oh yeah? What are you hearing? I know about four Camaro owners, and they all rave about it. (Interestingly, two of the four are women.)

That aside, why would anyone cross-shop a Boxster and a Camaro? One is a large, heavy, four-seat pony car, and the other a two-seat lithe sports car. You'd have to be pretty open-minded to accept one as a replacement for the other. :)

As for the 70K mile Boxster being a good value at $23K, that's impossible to say without seeing the car. What is the condition of the tires? The brakes? Has it been serviced regularly? It is an automatic or a manual transmission? If manual, if the clutch in good condition? And so on...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hi planning to buy a car, Im choosing between the new 2010 Camaro or this really bad *** looking porsche boxster 2005 (70,000 miles) for 23000. Is that a good price? and what am i gonna be worried about if ever I get the porsche? They say that after 4 years (2005-2009) after buying your porsche thats the time where you need to change and fix a lot if stuff. please help guys
Well with that kind of mileage it sounds like it was a daily driver so normal wear and tear issues present with any 4 year old car would apply. If car was well maintained and has a solid trouble free service history it sounds like a good deal to me.

Also if you're cross shopping with a Camaro I might also suggest checking out slightly used Corvettes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts