Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I would like to know if there is a way to carry two pairs of skis on a Boxster 981 (2014) model. I see eton skis has a solution for this but not sure if it will work at the rear end of the Boxster because of the curve this car has. Apparently, eton's magnetic suction works well on flat surfaced.

Product
s
Has anyone tried it and is it advisable to buy it ? (it is only $110, which is much cheaper than what other manufacturers offer)ki

·
Registered
56 Posts
These guys seem to be the most credible alternative rack solution. https://www.seasucker.com

Hello Everyone

I would like to know if there is a way to carry two pairs of skis on a Boxster 981 (2014) model. I see eton skis has a solution for this but not sure if it will work at the rear end of the Boxster because of the curve this car has. Apparently, eton's magnetic suction works well on flat surfaced.

Product
s
Has anyone tried it and is it advisable to buy it ? (it is only $110, which is much cheaper than what other manufacturers offer)ki

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Perhaps an adaption of this from RetsXob Tech::

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Mounting skis to a roadster is not a trivial thing :)

So Another non-trivial approach to carry long objects is to do it on the passenger side. With some permanent mounting points installed in the wheel wells, and then the actual racks inserted/attached to those points when needed. Of course passenger will be trapped when skies are in place.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's a factory part from Porsche that will carry skis. It's called a Macan.

:hilarious:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts