Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Boxster alignment issues

Boxster S 
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Fprodget 
#1 ·
So…I went to the local indie Porsche shop….who does most of this work for other PCA members……. today to rework my alignment settings for autocross and some track time.

The front camber was pushed in for max negative and we achieved -0.9 on left and -0.7 on right and toe is set straight ahead at 0.

The rear is even more bothersome. The left rear at it minimum negative adjustment setting is -2.7 and the right at its maximum camber setting is -2.1 and total toe is -0.13 degrees.

The wheels are straight and the car has been babied and never crashed over the last 10 years and 14,000 miles of use.

Have you ever heard of these types of tolerances in a stock Boxster or Cayman?

#2 · (Edited)
Well, yes I had sort of the same issue in front, so I had my shop slot the top shock mounting holes on the passenger side to give me -1.5 f. The rear required a few tweeks as well to the passenger side subframe to give -2.1 r. I went autocrossing for a year with this setup. Then the slippery slope caught me.

#3 ·
Mine isn't quite that far off, but my rear had a similar issue. You might be able to shift the subframe connection points to clean it up a bit but it wasn't worth it my case. Slotting is always an option but I hate cutting things up [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.