Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:

My first post!

I've just bought a 2004 Boxster S and the dealer who sold it to me made the mistake of changing the battery without connecting jumper cables during the switch. As a result, the codes have to be re-set and the convertible top is stuck in the down position.

Until I get the car to the Porsche dealer, is there a way to manually operate the top? I want to be able to drive the car to the dealer even if it's raining.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
76 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Planet-9!!!

There are instructions on emergency operation of the top in case of electrical failure on page 158 of the owners manual for the 2005. I believe the top operation is no different than 2004. If you do not have your owners manual you can download one for the 2005 on this web site at:

http://www.planet-9.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=316

or for the 2003 at the Renntech website at the following location:

Boxster/Cayman Owners Manuals -> Owners Manuals -> Porsche Owners Manuals -> Downloads

If you have any other questions regarding your car, do not hesitate to post here or you can PM me directly. Good Luck.

beach987
2005 Boxster

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much! I'm glad to be here!

The links you gave me are exactly what I needed.

I don't know what happened to my manual. I've got a leather bound package in the glove box but there's nothing in it but some promotional material and some thin manuals that look like "quick start" guides to the car & stereo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts