Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am now spec'ing out a GTS instead of a Spyder the interior choices are causing a little consternation... :(

I am looking at the Dark Blue Metallic exterior and although the $4200 for the GTS interior is steep, I do like the carbon accents and contrasting stitching... however, what colour?

I had originally decided on Silver, but thought it was not 'different' enough, so I looked at the Carmine Red.

I worry that it doesn't really go with the blue exterior until I stared at it all long enough the realize the car already has red taillights, red calipers and even the seat belt release buttons are red! :hilarious:

So what do you guys think? Is the red stitching, GTS logo and tach face too much?

:gossip:

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Adding pictures from another thread, they were looking at a red car, mine is quite different going with dark blue... thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I prefer the higher contrast of the silver stitching instead of the red. See if you can visit a dealer who may have both - you might be convinced of a choice after seeing them in person.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer the higher contrast of the silver stitching instead of the red. See if you can visit a dealer who may have both - you might be convinced of a choice after seeing them in person.
Yes, seeing them in person would be best, I have seen the silver in a 911 GTS, looked great, but no red locally.

I always though it funny that they make seat belts in black, red, yellow and blue, but they don't offer gauges in blue or in this case stitching...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the Rhodium stitching would look beautiful with the dark blue exterior.
However, with it comes the Carbon trim, which means that the interior may be a bit on the dark side with the already dark exterior.
This is just my thought !

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Red stitching would look just fine. It's sporty, but it's not like there's a lot of it.

That said... with DBM... screw the GTS interior. Get the Agate/Amber two-tone leather. :D

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think the Rhodium stitching would look beautiful with the dark blue exterior.
However, with it comes the Carbon trim, which means that the interior may be a bit on the dark side with the already dark exterior.
This is just my thought !
Thanks for the input.

I thought about the carbon trim too, yes it makes it a bit dark... one of the reasons my current ride has an agate interior.

If this all works out I may just stay with the stock GTS leather/alcantara combo, level the trim bits inside alone, I also like the black tach face.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red stitching would look just fine. It's sporty, but it's not like there's a lot of it.

That said... with DBM... screw the GTS interior. Get the Agate/Amber two-tone leather. :D
Yes the two-tone interiors are great, I would have to see that combination in person first! One of the things I like about the GTS is the Alcantara though, it is something that I would be keeping...

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Either color interior is fine. I prefer the Silver in the case of a DBM exterior, but either is fine.

However, I think Wild Weasel has the right idea. Pick a full leather interior or just get the black with Alcantara. I know one thing for sure: I don't care for either the red or silver tachometer. The black one appeals to me best in this case.

Nevertheless, this is all just personal opinions and I realize you asked to hear them.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either color interior is fine. I prefer the Silver in the case of a DBM exterior, but either is fine.

However, I think Wild Weasel has the right idea. Pick a full leather interior or just get the black with Alcantara. I know one thing for sure: I don't care for either the red or silver tachometer. The black one appeals to me best in this case.

Nevertheless, this is all just personal opinions and I realize you asked to hear them.
You bet, and keep them coming!

I too like the black tach, tried to get it on my 2013 but it wasn't available...

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I too like the black tach, tried to get it on my 2013 but it wasn't available...
Curiously, there were rumours of it being available as a z-option around either 2014 or 2015 for the s versions, but I'm certain I've never seen anyone posting here about actually being able to order it. :)

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curiously, there were rumours of it being available as a z-option around either 2014 or 2015 for the s versions, but I'm certain I've never seen anyone posting here about actually being able to order it. :)
IIRC it was even talked about in press releases for the 2013 model, but as you say, never available as an option, I know as I pressed my SA pretty hard for this one when I ordered my currernt car.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes the two-tone interiors are great, I would have to see that combination in person first! One of the things I like about the GTS is the Alcantara though, it is something that I would be keeping...
That's what my interior will be, so you can get a hands on sampling**

** current events notwithstanding, still waiting to go here **

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have the red stitch GTS interior...it is amazing. Very well done and not overstated. The single red tach is really nice. My car is GT Silver so the red stitch was an easy match. Not sure on blue, but in my opinion you cannot go wrong with either.

i recommend that you go to your dealer and use their configurator to try the colors out. Their tool is much nicer than you get online. It will show you every detail from every angle, interior and exterior.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally, I'd go silver. The blue and silver is a very attractive combo. For me the red tach is just TOO much. The red stitching would work, but I think the silver is better.

·
Registered
562 Posts
IMO red and blue contrast more than I want to live with long term. Silvers and blues are pleasing combos. Red / red looks great, as does red / white. GTS should have GTS interior ... silver tach is ok, but wouldn't pay extra for it. Deviated stiching / carbon fiber is worth every penny. Dash is really not greenish, that's the tint coming through the windshield.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Ive seen the Red stitching in a blue car and is beautiful. Red belts too. If u decide to save the money and skip the GTS interior, I would go with the blue painted interior pieces. They look great for a lot less money.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ive seen the Red stitching in a blue car and is beautiful. Red belts too. If u decide to save the money and skip the GTS interior, I would go with the blue painted interior pieces. They look great for a lot less money.
Thanks for the feedback, it will definitely have the GTS interior!

I waffled a bit on the silver or red accent, but the more I look at the configurator, the red works and ties in with the red already on the car. BTW, the seat belts come with the accent colour in a narrow stripe down each edge.

IMO red and blue contrast more than I want to live with long term. Silvers and blues are pleasing combos. Red / red looks great, as does red / white. GTS should have GTS interior ... silver tach is ok, but wouldn't pay extra for it. Deviated stiching / carbon fiber is worth every penny. Dash is really not greenish, that's the tint coming through the windshield.
John, your car looks great and the interior fantastic, I guess contrast is what I am looking for! Thumbs up for deviated stitching and carbon, I just wished I could get the steering wheel in the same stitching.

Actually would love the MF wheel in the same version as the GT4, also seen on the 918 and Macan... ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts