Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boxster Enthusiast
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Red Clip that allows the motion sensor to be enabled with the top down work on the 987 as it does on the 986?

Also, does the motion sensor work with both the top and windows down when using the Red Clip or just the top down?

Miles

·
Caymudgeon
705 Posts
The red clip work on 987, same as 986. The clip essentially pushes in a little button that is normally pushed down by the top latch. I don't think the window position matters.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The red clip work on 987, same as 986. The clip essentially pushes in a little button that is normally pushed down by the top latch. I don't think the window position matters.
Good info, thanks. I've been wondering this for a while now. Most vendors only list the clips for 986s, and won't tell if it'll work for the 987s.

Now to find one at a reasonable price :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I kinda figured out what that "red clip" does, but, uh, what is it?

·
Caymudgeon
705 Posts
It's a plastic clip shaped like a 'C' that goes over the rear-ward side of the plate where the top latches. It hooks over the upper edge and underneath where the button is located. And it's red. At least the ones sold by Porshce for the 986 are.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
The interior of the Boxster features a motion sensor alarm. Normally when the top is down, the motion sensor is deactivated. The red clip enables the motion sensor even if the top is down...so that if someone reaches inside the cabin the alarm will go off. =)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The interior of the Boxster features a motion sensor alarm. Normally when the top is down, the motion sensor is deactivated. The red clip enables the motion sensor even if the top is down...so that if someone reaches inside the cabin the alarm will go off. =)
Thought so, thanks!

·
Boxster Enthusiast
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, that is the information I was looking for. Does anyone know if the motion sensor works with the windows down as well a the top or do they have to be up?

Miles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts