Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Boxster S 2005 comes to me tomorrow

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  SeaNile 
#1 · (Edited)
Boxster S 2005 has arrived!***FOR SALE***

Took about a month to find the right car for me. Thought about a C6 Vette but couldn't bring myself to do it so I started looking for what would be my 3rd Boxster. Had a 99 Boxster and an 01 S before but wanted the glass rear window and a little research pointed me in the 05+ category. Wanted to stay as close to $30K as possible but really had no set budget. This would be a garage kept 3rd car for me so I didn't see the value in buying up to an 07/08/09 S. Thanks to the power of the internet found a 2 owner 05, all service records, serviced by same dealership, etc., 05 S with 15K miles. Passed the Porsche pre inspection report with no issues at all and now the car will begin it's transport to me today and should arrive tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited and the only thing I would like to do is change to clear marker lense and have a way to hook up my iPhone. BT not so important, just want to be able to access my music.

--JK

#9 ·
Delivered about 2pm today and just drove it from the driveway to the garage and then put the cover on it. Looks to be in excellent condition (since I bought it sight unseen but inspected by Porsche dealer) and only a few small blemishes. Had a clear bra on and there is one very small tear in the front lower portion of the hood, no paint damage at all just a little wrinkle in the clear and on the lower driver side bumper area there are about 3 small tears in the clear, hard to see but if you run your hand over it you can feel it a bit. Can these small tears be clipped with a small scissor?

Here are the specs:

2005 S Boxster BLK/BLK 6sp manual 15,600 miles
Adaptive seats (heated, memory)
Self dim mirrors and rain sensor
Bose system w/windstop
Bi Xenon headlamp package
Heated front seats
19" Carrera S wheel
Wheel caps with colored crest
Sport Chrono package w/o PCM (no idea what this option is or does)
Black mats
PASM

MSRP $65,000 bought for $31K with Porsche car cover

A few things I will do....order clear side markers (from where?) and add iPhone.iPod integration. With convert I realize SQ will suffer so I am undecided if I will go with FM modulator or Denison Gateway 500. I don't mind using the iPhone to control songs, etc. BT option not important.

--JK

#11 ·
Fantastic - enjoy...!

Always wavering on which is my favorite car - Cayman or Boxster - probably have to go with "both."

Had both 986 and 987 series, both have their good points. 986 is closer in look to the original Boxster concept, but 987 has many functional improvements, especially the interior.

Have fun...

#12 ·
Nice car and great price. Not many Boxsters with PASM. Did you buy it from a Porsche dealer?

#13 ·
Searched for about a month online with cars.com and autotrader.com and looked for blk or yellow manual cars. Wasn't terribly concerned about options as long as it had heated seats and xenon lighting. This car came with nice options, garage kept and dealer maintained. Private owner who was great to work with, same goes for Tom Wood Porsche in Indianapolis who did the PPI and arranged for the full detail.

--JK

#16 ·
#20 ·
Re: Boxster S 2005 comes to me tomorrow ***SOLD***

Car sold last night. On to the next...

--JK
Congrats, pretty quick sale all things considered. Glad it worked out for you.

#21 ·

Sorry that you couldn't keep it. I bought an Arctic 06 S a few months ago. Was ideally looking for a black car but this one had all the right options, CPO warranty, was in fantastic condition and the seller was a great guy. Found a nice 05 S in Black but the dealer would NOT move under $30K and it didn't have any warranty so basically traded the color for the warranty.

I LOVE this car! Re the 986/987 sub-discussion, I have driven lots of 986's and they are very nice cars but I REALLY like the 987. Car seems firmly footed and beautifully balanced. In the spirit of full disclosure, however, it does feel heavier. Not that that is bad, but if you want lightweight, go with a 986...or better yet a new Spyder!

#23 ·

Congratulations! I know exactly what it's like. Flew to Houston Saturday to pick up my first Porsche, a silver 2006 Boxster S. Spent 3 days driving it 2500 miles to home. Girlfriend said I'd be tired of it by the time I got it home. I thought she was prob'ly right.

Wrong! I love this car. All cars should handle like this.

I was on the last leg to home, at a stop light. A couple kids in (I didn't take much notice) some small red coupe with spoilers sticking out everywhere decided to race. =o) Sounded like they were at redline as they tried to get ahead to change lanes ahead of me before a 90 degree turn to the freeway entrance.

The 987 just cruised staying ahead... then the turn to the freeway. After that, they were a couple hundred yards behind. Fun, and the Boxster was just relaxing thru it.

All cars should handle like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.