Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a few hundred miles, I thought I'd post a very short (okay not so short) review on the car. I'll post an update when I get more miles on the car if anyone is interested.

I went back and forth on both the Cayman S and Boxster S (I wanted a GTS but the dealer wouldn't budge off MSRP and I wasn't paying sticker) and PDK/Manual.

The handling of this car makes our E90 M3 feel like a boat. I used to LOVE my M3 but I'm glad to be in a smaller lighter weight car that feels this good. PASM and the Sport Suspension was also a big consideration. I think the suspension in normal feels better than the M3 around town but in Sport Chassis, its stiffer.

Love the flat six sound and extremely impressed with how responsive the engine is. One millimeter of pedal pressure translates into something. And it revs really fast. I can't wait until its fully broken in.

The brakes feel better than any car I've had with the exception of the '14 Stingray which were also Brembos and were great. I love the brakes on this car as well. You get exactly the brake stopping power that you expect (although I'm only driving normally on the street). Its super easy to modulate.

6MT - Compared to my S2000, I was a little disappointed by the clutch throw and how the manual transmission felt. IMO, the S2000 set the bar as the best manual/clutch car I've ever driven. Now that I have a few hundred miles on the car, the manual transmission is a little less stiff and I have to say, is actually very good. Now that I've got the seat positioned properly, I am so glad I didn't go with a PDK (not saying that the PDK isn't awesome because it is). I just wanted a manual car while they are still available. Loving it now.

I'm still in break in so I haven't had a chance to determine how PTV or Sport Chrono is.

Regarding Bose, no offense to anyone here but with the right signal quality (Spotify streaming is great), I think the sound is extremely good. I saw a lot of chatter saying the opposite and I'm delighted with the Bose option.

I have Sport Seats Plus that at first I was a little surprised how firm the are. Now I love them. I hated the thought of spending this kind of money for a car with manual seats but it works so well and can be adjusted so easily, its a non issue.

Lastly, I asked that my deal not detail or wash the car. They honored my wishes and treated me better than I've ever been treated when buying a car. Awesome experience with Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta (Richard Jennings was my sales guy who I drove crazy I'm sure but never showed it and did phenomenal job helping me).

I've found my brand and am now sold on Porsches. Brilliant car and can see owning a GT4 or 911 GTS in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Regarding Bose, no offense to anyone here but with the right signal quality (Spotify streaming is great), I think the sound is extremely good. I saw a lot of chatter saying the opposite and I'm delighted with the Bose option.
I concur. After making some changes to the settings I think the Bose system sounds terrific when playing MP3 files encoded at 320kbps. Really quite surprised given all the negativity around the system. Definitely better than the Bose in my 07 Cayman S and I am completely happy thus far.

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats on your car, great to see you very happy with it.

What did you do to treat the exterior of the car?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a full Zaino treatment. Small car but still took me most part of a day to do. It turned out great but I'm a pretty big Zaino fan anyway. I was going to claybar it but it really wasn't necessary given the way these cars are shipped (not by rail). I also pulled off all the wheels and waxed them inside and out in hopes to keep brake dust down or at least make it easier to clean.

Congrats on your car, great to see you very happy with it.

What did you do to treat the exterior of the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts