Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Boxster S @ Sepang International Circuit

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Barwaut 
#1 ·
Finally got around to using Trackvison to overlay my Racelogic Performance Box data on my GoPro video. Apologies for the camera mounting position, the passenger window seems to wobble a little with the wind (must be the softtop!).

Had a fun time out on the track that day. We are lucky to be able to use the Sepang F1 circuit in Malaysia for trackdays. It is a 3hr drive each way, but it's worth it.

Please excuse the fist pump at the end. ;) 2:36 is a decent timing, but nothing to crow about. Definitely some corners where I overcooked it. Also, my data analysis guru friend says I can shave off some time by braking more aggressively.

For those who are curious, I am in Sport Plus mode, with the car shifting for me (can't seem to do it better than the computer) and with PSM (aka Please Save Me) switched on.

#5 ·
Thanks. Been around the block quite a few times. Used to track more frequently in my Evo X.

I did try without PSM and didn't go any faster. The PSM on the 981 and 991 models are supposed to be less intrusive... That's been my experience. It cuts in when I really overdo things but not otherwise. Even allows some sliding around on the limit (at some points in my video).

My rear pads are maybe 25% worn compared to my fronts which are ~50% worn. So I am happy with the wear coming from PSM / PTV. (I will swap out the front pads next week so as to preserve the PCCB rotors.)

happy to hear more about your experience or times in your car, eyeofthetiger. PM me if that's more your style

#6 ·
Thanks. Car came with PTV, X73, PCCB and Sport Chrono from the factory. I have AD08Rs, a Remus catback exhaust, Recaro bucket seat and some lighter wheels. Wish I could get more power... But sadly a tune isn't yet available for this car., and things like IPD plenum doesn't seem to work properly with a tune. I don't want to add a manifold as I want to keep the car cop friendly.

#7 ·
Nice vid, thanks for posting.
You're certainly allowed a fist pump when you beat your previous best time by 2 seconds!
Those of us who get to drive an F1 track are really lucky.

Reactions: Mike R.
#10 ·
looks like good fun! you did very well driving. But I did notice that normally you get ahead of yourself at the apex of corners. When you reach the apex you usually jab the gas for a brief second, then come off again, THEN going back on the gas for the exit.

After you release the brake be more patient and make sure the car is in the right direction before going hard on the gas.

That on off on off on of the gas pedal ruins your weight transfer mid-corner.

But overall awesome driving! very fast track!

Reactions: jwwu and Mike R.
#11 ·
Thanks for the tip. I think you are spot on. I get on the gas too early... probably an old habit from driving an Evo (my previous car), where it's possible to get on the gas early and let the power and 4WD system just catapult the car out from the apex. The Boxster is very different... It's totally a momentum car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.