Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to replace the 987.2 CS bumper with a 987.2 Boxster Spyder bumper? I feel like the bumpers should in theory be an easy swap. I can just order a replacement bumper from Suncoast, or maybe somewhere else that sells OEM, I'm not sure where is cheapest, and then get an autobody to swap it for a couple hundos.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
296 Posts
It is not just the bumper, but also the running lights and maybe some trim. If you call Suncoast, they can tell you what you will need to order.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Is it possible to replace the 987.2 CS bumper with a 987.2 Boxster Spyder bumper? I feel like the bumpers should in theory be an easy swap. I can just order a replacement bumper from Suncoast, or maybe somewhere else that sells OEM, I'm not sure where is cheapest, and then get an autobody to swap it for a couple hundos.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
OK, although my comments surround a conversion I recently completed for a 981 Boxster GTS to a 981 Spyder/GT4 bumper, if the 987 has similar differences between the 2 models there is a lot more under the covers as it were... It really depends on the amount of parts to be changed, the completeness of the effort and the cost of labour. It was my experience that a difference between models for seemingly simple things in the Porsche world (like the shape of a bumper) are usually much more invasive.

For my project to do it correctly and completely we had to change over a dozen parts and handfuls of fasteners, thousand of $$$ in parts, the project cost went 5 figures!

My suggestion would be to thoroughly investigate the changes you want to make, I thought mine was going to be 'reasonable', five figures was not what I had in mind... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts