Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Boxster Spyder, but I couldn't resist slightly modifying one of the new press images that was just released today...

:D

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
...and I can't even listen to a CD while I'm waiting.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wouldn't trade in my CS but I love it!!! That picture did stick out in my mind as a funny one to use as a marketing device. Looking at it, it does seem to directly point out the cars obvious drawbacks without even saying a word... I wonder why they chose to use that picture?:crazy:

·
Registered
442 Posts
clarkson said the spyder is for ppl who wants the combine their love of buying the wrong porsche with their love of camping.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
If only it was real, I'd put that up in my garage....

Nice job.

-Moto

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could have also said "Should have got the S version"
Agree this is a bizarre picture from a marketing perspective... what were they thinking (or smoking)?!

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I love the Boxster Spyder, but I couldn't resist slightly modifying one of the new press images that was just released today...

:D
To be honest, that was a very creative joke... but!

Seriously, this new Boxster Spyder looks GORGEOUS and for once I can see the Boxster standing out of the crowd.

God! I love the back of this car!!! It reminds me of the GT.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Actually, I think the picture points out the attitude of traditional roadster fan. Cozy cabins and soft seats are for other people!

The target audience for this product is very narrow same way as e.g. for GT3.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
That's funny, Xmatt. :hilarious:

That is certainly one beautiful car! Too bad my Cayman has to be my daily driver. :(

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
It doesn't even make sense. The car DOES have a soft top for inclement weather.

Maybe he just stopped at the overpass 1.5 seconds ago and is about to get out and put the top up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be honest, that was a very creative joke... but!

Seriously, this new Boxster Spyder looks GORGEOUS and for once I can see the Boxster standing out of the crowd.

God! I love the back of this car!!! It reminds me of the GT.
Oh I totally agree; I think it's now one of my favorite Porsches. I love the curves of the Cayman, but the Spyder looks like how the Boxster is "supposed" to look.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I wouldn't trade in my CS but I love it!!! That picture did stick out in my mind as a funny one to use as a marketing device. Looking at it, it does seem to directly point out the cars obvious drawbacks without even saying a word... I wonder why they chose to use that picture?:crazy:
While I agree with you I think this type of image appeals to certain types of individuals.

- The Purist: Real sports cars are not about keeping out the elements types... aka Brits:taunt:
- The Self Made Man: Breitling uses a tag-line about the greatest luxury being time... the ability to wait out the rain illustrates a position of someone who does not need to be in a hurry, is not bothered by the little things life throws at him.
- The Dreamer: Perhaps the owner relishes in the pleasure of being caught out in the rain (evocative of the freedom of childhood, riding bicycles and waiting out the rain before heading home).
- The Romantic: This could be the modern equivalent of, "oh no we've run out of gas" as in, "look at those thunderclouds, better stop in at a hotel for the evening darling".

1 - 20 of 38 Posts