Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching a video of the new Spyder I noticed the open air intakes with a mesh grill. I haven't done much research into yet but has anyone seen these on the market yet? IMO they look much better than the boxster/cayman intakes. Thanks in advance

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Ah, so now Porsche follow our lead and do the de-snork mod :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Think you can buy an extra set of intakes, cut the center and put in a mesh. Just a thought!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That thought crossed my mind also. However I'm all thumbs and wouldn't be able to make it look nice on my own. I'm sure that someone will offer a kit before long (probably Eric at bumperplugs).

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Does anybody know if these new spyder intakes fit the Cayman? I'm interested... for the turbo look ;)

Oh and Schwabe, who is Tess? Can you PM me his website/contacts please?

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
I needed both the vents and receptacles to swap Cayman vents for Boxster Vents. The receptacles are needed to provide the proper attachment points.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I needed both the vents and receptacles to swap Cayman vents for Boxster Vents. The receptacles are needed to provide the proper attachment points.
Where can we get them?

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
I would try Suncoast, I don't know if aftermarket parts are available for the Spyder yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The last thing I read about them is that Suncoast is working the problem. They've got the part numbers for the grills and mounting bracket but can't get them from the factory yet (please keep my honest on this Suncoast). I've been in contact with my local dealership who hasn't been able to get them either. While not positive I would bet they'd fit the Cayman as well as the Boxster. Have you tried your local dealer yet? I'd be interested to see if any dealers abroad would be able to get them when we can't.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
This just came in:

"Hassaan,
We have them in stock, but unfortunately they’re not a direct fit. To make them fit, you would have to modify your retaining brackets to fit the Spyder grilles. We’re working closely with Porsche to get the proper retaining brackets, but it could take a few weeks to get them.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks again!

Ric Knab
SuncoastParts.com"

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't bow to peer pressure. :)

I just voted for the orange to help balance things out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts