Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic states,how would you choose considering the values are the same.I'm leaning towards the 993 but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Man that is not an easy one. Two totally different cars in my book. If you are going to drive them a lot take the new car.

The boxster spyder will be new with a waranty, but it will depreciate.

The 993, I am assuming is not convertible, will probably need more maintenance, any problems you are on your own.

All convertibles usually need work on the top, or top mechanism eventually. The spyder has no mechanism, one for the spyder.

Drive them and see what rooks your boat. I drove the Cayman S and I as hooked.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As the topic states,how would you choose considering the values are the same.I'm leaning towards the 993 but that's just me.
Tough call, it would totally depend on how you plan to use the car. I am assuming that it would probably be a weekend or fun car? If so the Spyder with the upgraded tech and drop top would be nice. With that being said I am a sucker for any 993 especially a turbo. There is nothing better than a mint condition 993 going down the road, the lines are awesome.

Tough call, but given that there is 2.9 APR on Spyders I say cash for the 993 and finance the Spyder ie both... haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just finished the deal today and bought a piece of Porsche history.
It's a 1996 Speed Yellow 993tt with 61000km.The body was perfect and the paintjob absolutely pristine.I'm sure some would not side with me on this decision but it really was a gut choice.I'll post some pics when I get it next week.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Not a tough choice at all IMO. I think you made the correct choice and it's the same one I would have made without even thinking twice. Nice job.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Not a tough choice at all IMO. I think you made the correct choice and it's the same one I would have made without even thinking twice. Nice job.
The September 2008 Excellence magazine compared a Cayman S and a 993 Twin Turbo coupe. Interesting article. THey said it was a close call. Personally I think the 993 would be a better travel car or GT and the Boxster Spyder a better track toy. IMHO Ed

But either would be wonderful. Enjoy yuor ride. Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts