Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm seriously considering ordering a B Spyder. Have called numerous dealers and getting no flex on pricing. Some are requiring 1-5k just to hold a spot - non refundable in most cases
Their all treating it like the Gt4 as a limited run with small allocation. All only have 0-2 people on heir lists.

Anyone having better luck?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I talked to one dealer about this yesterday, and they actually don't know how many of these they will get. They won't know apparently until end of April at least. So it makes sense that they would stick to MSRP until they have a better sense of supply.

This dealer had 1 deposit as of 26 hours ago. They offered me #2 on their list with a refundable deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Base and S models will get a reasonable discount from a dealer, particularly if it's on their lot. GTS will get some small discount if you order one. However, there are not many sitting a dealers lot. The GT4 and or Spyder, they're not even in production yet and the dealers have people lined up to buy them at MSRP. What business incentive is there to offer a discount?? Be happy if they don't charge a "market adjustment"! Oh, most dealers will refund your discount, particularly if they have buyers lined up to buy the cars they're allocated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Under what terms are the refundable deposits returned? I am contemplating locking a spot tomorrow and am wondering what would be reasonable in terms of dealing with my deposit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Under what terms are the refundable deposits returned? I am contemplating locking a spot tomorrow and am wondering what would be reasonable in terms of dealing with my deposit.
It would be best to ask your dealer. In general, most state consumer laws require most deposits to be fully refundable.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 dealers had 4 -5 on the list already (or claimed so) the other had 1 or zero.

The 4 and $5000 deposits were "non refundable" unless they couldn't get you an allocation. So, you're locked in unless they can't deliver.. and they're not gping to guarantee that happens obviously since they don't know. The dealer I went with was 1k refundable (any time) with a larger deposit upon actual order.

the closest dealer was also 1 k but already had several on the list and I've not had good experience with sales there.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and apparently I'm #1 at the dealer I did go with. I really dislike the nonrefundable practice. I'll need to look into the the laws here to see if thats actually enforceable.

Well, at least I get to play with the configurator more now ;)

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
538 Posts
JMO I would avoid a dealer that make you give a deposit.... especially if there is no refund! Out of the 7 dealers I talked to in regards to the GT4....4 asked for no deposit.... 2 asked for a deposit but it was refundable...1 said he had to many people on his list. All these dealers are in the SE. IMO the Spyder will be a little easier to get than the GT4.... I would still think that Full MSRP or closes to it is what they go for. In other words why wait? Not like you are going to get a deep discount later. IMHO

·
Registered
691 Posts
I talked to one dealer about this yesterday, and they actually don't know how many of these they will get. They won't know apparently until end of April at least. So it makes sense that they would stick to MSRP until they have a better sense of supply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Deja vu from the GTS last February. My dealer didn't know if it would be a limited production or how many allocations there would be and as a result would offer only a 3% discount (that's different than the Spyder). I never got to the deposit point because once the details were released and I knew the final discounted price between the S and the GTS how I wanted it equipped, I went with the S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts