Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem: as top comes down it stops with a little bit to go. The seal on the driver's side is down (wrong), while the other is up. There's a cable which pulls the seal down (a spring works it the other way). The driver's side is taut, the other is slack. This smells like a tangle of the cable. Anyone have this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Not sure what seal you are talking about. The top panel sealing to the car body. And the loose cable is the one that's up, not sealed ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what seal you are talking about. The top panel sealing to the car body. And the loose cable is the one that's up, not sealed ?
I call it a seal after some other terminology I saw. There is pair of them, ping-pong shaped, near each side, which are up (in a vertical position) when the top is up, held up by a spring visible on the underside. It stays up until the top completes its fold down, then is pulled down by a cable to cover up (seal) the whole mechanism. So my problem is that one of them is pulled down (because the cable is under tension) before the top is completely down. This blocks the mechanism from tucking away and stop the whole process.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I would look at what activates that spring and see why it's out of sink with the top. You have one good side to compare it to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would look at what activates that spring and see why it's out of sink with the top. You have one good side to compare it to.
Don't think so. The spring is just a spring, always active. It holds the seal up until the cable counteracts it and pulls the seal down. It's the cable that's out of sync, like a tangle in its takeup reel. which, unfortunately, is invisible, deep down in the bowels. That's the example of the good side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts