Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched here, and the other forums.... most threads are quite old.

...our cars are also a little older as well. My roof is more stained and tattered than I’m happy with. The threads that are out there comparing aftermarket to dealer offerings are out of date.

Anyone within the last 24mos replaced their top with any feedback?
Particularly interested in Canadian offerings, but USA also fine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not.

I think my top might be too far gone for rejuvenation?...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah it's very unlikely it does much for the contact points, especially the circles, however having some around is a plus and it will beautify the rest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have wear in the "C- pillar" area as shown in the first photo. I am assuming this is just normal wear, or do I need to dig into it deeper? Is there any preventative measures that should be taken to extend the life? I originally figured I would not do anything until you can see daylight through it (which could be many, many years down the road).

2005 987.1 S

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,744 Posts
That looks fairly normal to me. All tops have the round spots and the c-pillar wear

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks DMN987S and BoristheSpyder.... I thought it was normal. And I agree, the photos above don't look bad.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I agree, looks completely normal and inline with how my top works. I 2nd the raggtop suggestion, makes the circles less noticeable and even the c pillar wear area as it makes the rest of the top a darker black appearance once applied.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hold my beer.....

Ordered some ragg top.
Will follow up once I've applied it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts