Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the car ready for a DE will require the brake system flush; the last time I had it done I used a product called GS 610.
The specs looked great, the price was reasonable, the pedal feel was outstanding, but I keep reading that it's out of production and current stock may be old.

I've used SRF and Motul but i think I prefer the feel of this stuff because I hd no fade and the pedal pedal really firm--or the marketing is really effective:).

Would appreciate comments from what others are using and if anyone knows anything about GS 610.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Mike,

I have only used SRF. And I somehow managed to boil it at my first DE (smell, vibrating feel in the pedal, and rear red calipers turning a bit burgandy due to heat. Since adding the 997 GT3 rear air ducts and learning a bit more on how to brake, I haven't had issue since. I have had my local dealer, and a nearby indie shop, and BGB bleed them ( April last year) and to be honest, the brake pedal feel was best when done by my local Porsche dealer. I don't know if it was happenstance or they did the full PIWIZ-assisted bleed procedure and that resulted in a firmer pedal.

SRF is expensive and having to flush at least twice a year, for DEs anything similar that is cheaper is worth a try.

Right now, my pedal is low and mushy and I wouldn't dare go on a track until it is flushed again. Of course, due to recovery from recent spinal surgery, that will be at least September, if at all this year.

Greg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Motul 600... I haven't had a problem, even in Texas heat (well low 90s... I don't go out in the summer when its 100+)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Redline 660 or Motul 660.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
Motul is always dependable. SRF has the highest wet boiling by a mile and after a few weeks of driving or a track day thats pretty much whats in the caliper anyway. I have also used Torque RT700 recently and have been very happy with that. It gives you another 20-40 degrees more on the wet boiling point. I like that extra security cushion her in Texas. Extra brake ducting front and rear also helps a lot. See spec sheet and Schnell has it. A little pricier but 5 bottles a year are good for two flushes and a number of quick pre DE bleeds.

Product Text Website Font Web page

Torque's summary of the better fluids out there for reference.
Text Font Line Number Parallel

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Yep... Torque has been very solid --- though I do only a couple DE's a year. I do a flush at the start of each "year". On the down side, it is more expensive- but I wanted the extra heat range to counter rear brake's heat.
D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've used Motul 600 and 660 in my Porsches and race cars since the late 90's and have zero complaints. I was using Motul 600 for years, and tried Motul 660 when it came out, but honestly I didn't notice any difference in performance - both were equally excellent.

One vintage 911 race car I bought had ATE SuperBlue in I got it and it worked fine, but I switched it to Motul to simplify logistics (one brake fluid for all cars) and because I had such good experience with Motul.
One cool feature of ATE is that it comes in Superblue and Gold, the only difference is the color of the fluid. So you can use the other color if you are doing a complete flush - just keep bleeding until the color changes. Pretty smart.

Personally I bleed my brakes often enough that I don't do complete flushes, so the color change feature is not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hadn't heard that so I looked into it. It turns out that it is banned in the USA because it's blue! There is a law in USA that brake fluid must be amber or clear in color. Really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.