Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a brake fluid flush with ATE typ200 brake fluid. I noticed my brake pedal sounded squeaky. I thought I might just have to lube the components below the dash, but before I did that I started researching online. I found a discussion on Rennlist that talked about some 911 owners having issues with this as well. Turned out that the Porsche OEM fluid is an LV (Low viscosity) fluid. I think ATE also sells an LV fluid. Anyways, the discussion recommended using Pentosin DOT4 LV. I immediately ran down to Autozone to pick some up and reflushed and surprise surprise, the squeaking was gone. I included some videos down below to show. With that said, in my research there are plenty of Porsche owners that have no issue with ATE typ200 so YMMV. I've used it in the past on my BMW with no problems. But go ahead and search "ATE typ200 pedal squeak" and there are many brands that have experienced a similar thing with clutch pedals. This isn't to bash ATE at all...this is just my experience.

With ATE typ 200

With Pentosin LV

1 - 1 of 1 Posts