Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing my brake pads and rotors myself did not want to pay $3,000 to the stealer :hilarious:

Once I am done changing all pads and rotors do I need to do a brake fluid flush? is it a must to do it immediately?

Thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There's no time connection that forces you to do it immediately. It's convenient to do it then since you have the wheels off but no rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this. When I did my pads I waited a week or so to have the fluid bleed for a track day. Just make sure you do a proper bed in of the brakes which is much more important than bleeding right away.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Brake fluid should be flushed based on time. For street use the manual indicates flush the brake fluid every 2 years. So when was your last flush?

For track the fluid should be higher temp spec and flushed more often. I use Castrol SRF and flush about every 6 months.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If your car is manual you ought to flush the clutch fluid. It shares the brake reservoir. Porsche has a two year interval for brake fluid replacement.

·
Registered
737 Posts
How about using Porsche parts vs OEM parts? I see that Pelican parts has many options for pads, rotors, and sensors. After watching a brake job done on YouTube, I plan to do my brakes (coming up soon).

Are the cheaper, OEM supplier, parts just as good as the Porsche parts?

Also, I'm looking at $600 in parts for the fronts, seems legit?

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
actually Textar are the makers of the porsche brake pads.. they are same exact pads with out the porsche name on it. I am a bit cheaper than the pelican.. we have actual packages..for a complete brake job..

thanks
Lemon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.