Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Cayman serviced at the dealer. When I checked what they did I noticed the brake fluid (I had the brakes bled) was to the top of the flat part of the Max "pointer". In other words there is an "air bubble" but not too much of one. Definetly overfilled a bit. Is this dangerous? Should I take some out or just leave it?
Thanks in advance for any advice. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Re: Brake level fluid to full??

Probably not dangerous IMO, but if it bothers you, it wouldn't hurt to remove a little either.

My :2cents:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Re: Brake level fluid to full??

if you track the car, I would siphon some of the fluid off to avoid any boil-over (brake fluid eats paint). If just daily driver, don't worry about it. If you decide to siphon fluid off, use a small turkey baster, put paper towel or rag around the reservoir for easy clean-up. And of course, don't use the baster for turkey again - get it really dirty so family members won't pick up and use for cooking. :)

If you do get fluid on paint.. flush with plenty of water immediately.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the replies. Since I do not track it I will probably leave it as is unless it naws at me and then I will put the turkey baster to good use. Thanks again. :thanks:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Also, it is best to get a new baster. If you put a baster in the reservoir that has been used recently you may find little globs of grease floating around in your brake fluid. I hate to admit it but this happened to me once. Fortunately not in a P car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts