Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from the forum for a while, but after searching the internet without success I knew I could get the info I need from the knowledgeable folks here.

I'm looking for dimensions, thread size, part number, sources for the bolt securing the front brake line bracket (wear sensor bracket). I've broken one during a pad change and need to replace it.

I'm also looking to fabricate a drill guide from a bushing or possibly modify one of these bolts so knowing the thread size would also be helpful.

BTW as a lesson to pass on to those doing pad changes on the fronts. Aligning this bracket after loosening can be tricky. I broke the head off this bolt because the bracket was not flat against the wheel carrier as I was retightening. You cannot rely on the bolt to pull the bracket flat against the carrier. I know I did not exceed the torque spec, but just the bending load against the head was enough to snap the head off.

So do enough wiggling, pushing, etc to get the mating face of the bracket parallel to its mating surface on the wheel carrier before you attempt to tighten the bolt.

thanks all

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
709 Posts
Properly threading those bracket bolts into the upright is always a PITA - maybe the worst part of a pad change. So, I replaced the bolts with studs using these:

I put some blue loctite on the end screwed into the upright. Used two nuts threaded on the other end to properly torque it, then removed the nuts. Finally, I added some lock washers to the flat washers to keep the nut a little more secure.

I've been running these for a couple years now. I do frequent pad swaps for the track and replaced the front caliper bolts with Tarett studs. Tarett sells these bracket studs as well, but I didn't think to order them at the time, and didn't want to pay through the nose to ship them, so I got these from Amazon for cheaper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts