2014 Cayman base- stick
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All parts finally in. Pulled all wheels off- removed the rotors. I have:
Sebro slotted rotors
Ferodo pads-
Front pads FCP1308h
Rear pads FCP4805h

pulled rr Caliper and pads, they aren’t the correct pads. Not even close. Sent them back. Ferodo specifies FDB4965. The one place I found them only wants $40 for them- doesn’t sound right-so I’m a bit frustrated with the whole thing.

There is a gross disconnect apparently on the correct part number- I am afraid the fronts will also be wrong.

any advice on a different brand of pad?

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
922 Posts

1308H are rears with DS2500 compound.
4805H are fronts with DS2500 compound.

This is a light-track compound as opposed to a street compound. They will probably be OK for street use, though may be a bit noisy.

From: Online Brakes, Brake Pads & Parts Catalogue | Ferodo

FDB4965 are rears with Premier eco street compound. I don't see fronts available in this compound.

You need to know what you're looking for in order to get what you want.

Where are you buying parts from? I'd suggest going to FCPeuro.com and giving them a look.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman base- stick
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I did order directly from fcp euro using the year make and model. I received and ordered exactly as per their site. Their site is incorrect.

returned the rears-the 1308h are not correct for rear- was told those would be front- am now rethinking that as well. Something very wrong.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman base- stick
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I did order directly from fcp euro using the year make and model. I received and ordered exactly as per their site. Their site is incorrect.

returned the rears-the 1308h are not correct for rear- was told those would be front- am now rethinking that as well. Something very wrong.
Here is a photo of the rear pads from Ferodo- they don’t fit at all. I looked online and Ferodo calls out the fdb4965. Looks the same as wht is in there stock.
Grey Wood Font Monochrome photography Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Grey Font Gas Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been running those Ferodo's from FCP on my 981 CS. They are more aggressive than stock since I use them for street and track days. I had to buy the 987 rear shims so the rears would not squeal.

·
Registered
34,432 Posts
You didn't ask but let me at least put in a plug for either the Ferodo DS1.11, the last digit is a W, and even better DS3.12, G. Unfortunately FCP Euro does not carry either of them. I always order from Apex Performance.net and they have been great but they do not have a lifetime warranty. I would imagine the DS2500 being excellent. So entirely your call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts