Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 Cayman needs new pads and I am looking for recommendations on whether to stay with stock pads or change to a different manufacturer. The car is my daily driver that I AX on occasions.

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
My 08 Cayman needs new pads and I am looking for recommendations on whether to stay with stock pads or change to a different manufacturer. The car is my daily driver that I AX on occasions.
I am pleased with the stock pads for the street. I use Pagid Yellow for the track.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,769 Posts
I run stock pads on the street. I'm not willing to run the risk of any brake squeel.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I am pleased with the stock pads for the street. I use Pagid Yellow for the track.
That is the way to go, imo. Use the proper pad for the proper task. Changing brake pads on the Brembos is very easy and fast and can be done in just a few minutes after doing it a couple times. I agree that Pagid Yellow (RS19 or RS29) are the best for the track. I don't Autocross, so I don't know from experience whether enough heat is generated to overheat the stock pads, but I know that it only takes a few laps on a road course before Pagids are a better choice than the stock pads. On the street, stock pads are best choice.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I also prefer the OEM pads for autocross; they're more consistent through the runs. Track pads actually tend to provide less effective braking than street pads until they get warmed-up; then they are so effective that I tend to over-brake for the turns.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I will NOT use stock pads with my next pad change. I know that they work great, and I may find my experiment disappointing, but I will try Hawk Ceramic pads. I hope that they will perform like the OEM pads BUT dust much less.

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Suncoast always for OEM - great folks.

FINALLY Pagids have arrived, Yellows galore...after the Iceland volcano shortage - !

·
Registered
27 Posts
I switched my stock pads to EBC Red Stuff. I'd say they feel slightly stronger than stock at normal around town type driving and even better when braking from higher speeds during more spirited driving. I haven't used them on the track. They also dust FAR LESS than stock. The instructions said to give them up to 1000 miles to bed in and not squeal - and they did take just about every one of those 1000 miles - but after that they were silent. Bottom line - more braking power, much less dust, still quiet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts