Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S Model w/PDK
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently had the break pads and rotors replaced through car max who has been great to deal with btw here in Kansas, The issue I have is that I am always hearing pads moving around like they are loose, I have triple checked the work and all is tight and correct, but I can feel some movement of the pads. I'm guessing they are making noise off the rotors. Its really annoying. I even replaced the silicone on the back of pads in hopes that I would have helped but no go. Hopefully this isn't something that I just have to "Live" with. Any Thoughts or ideas would be great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Used anti squeal paste what about the state of the dampers ? yellow pagid pads make some extra noise when pressed softly (not made for that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
Did you give them a good bedding-in, putting a little heat into the pads?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Rattling BRAKE pads are usually aftermarket pads that are slightly undersize, allowing them to move around a bit in the caliper. If the noise goes away when you gently press on the brake (locking the pads from moving) - that's likely your issue. I've also had pads that were too large - that caused squealing when gently touching the brake pedal. If it's the rattle - go back to Carmax and tell them you need factory pads. They undoubtedly used the cheapest aftermarket they could find to do a warranty repair.

BTW - the silicone on the back of the pad is to stop squeal, not rattling. It won't do a thing for rattling.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S Model w/PDK
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is the rattling pad thing, I my have car max swap them out or just do it myself. How can I tell if the pads are ceramic or semi metallic?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yes it is the rattling pad thing, I my have car max swap them out or just do it myself. How can I tell if the pads are ceramic or semi metallic?
Pads you're thinking of buying? The description of the pad will tell you. If you want ones that are sure to fit - Porsche sells them. Cost more, fit good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts