·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Tried

Bribes
1. Donation to local LEO.
They said: NO
2. What about if NC & Maryland lets Tennesse win in basketball.
They said: NC would never let that happen.
I said: Your right.
They asked: Where is Maryland?
I said: They are a Central American Country (trying to cover for you Dom).
They said: We never play them neither do we extradite from there. Dom you are safe.
3. Community service.
They said: NO; Our county will be exceptionaly clean with the extra revenue we will receiving from dummies driving the Dragon.
I was offended.

Excuses
1. The sun was in our eyes and we could not see the speedo.
They laughed.
I was offended.
2. The turbo made me do it. Sorry for throwing you under the bus.
They said: Whats a turbo.
I said: Never mind
3. We heard banjos.

They where offended and promised to throw any Caymans that they see for the next 12 months in jail.
I said: You can not throw a car in jail.
They thought a minute and said: You are right; But we will keep them and equip them with blue lights and use them to catch you guys next year if you decide to run.
I said: Thats not fair.
They laughed.
4. I told them the yanks where chasing us (this almost worked).
They thought a minute and said: Good try.
5. We had a dumb moment.
They agreed and said: Stupid is as stupid does
I was offended and said: You can not use a movie line against us.
They said: You used Deliverance.

You guys have a safe drive home. It was a pleasure meeting and driving with y'all. I hope this becomes an annual event (without the tickets).

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Pete's car has stealth. When we left Fontana to head back to Asheville I chose to be the last car in line. That would have been a mistake if we had come upon any LEO. Pete was hauling the mail and I would have been the damaged package.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Tony,

I enjoyed both meeting and driving with you. I hope you get the ticket worked out in your favour.

I made it back to Cincinnati tonight at 5:30. Pretty uneventful drive.

Regards,

Alan

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
You need a 'stealth' colored car ..... ask Pete he will tell you ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alan, It was a pleasure meeting you to. I am glad you made it home okay. My hat is tipped to you guys driving the long distances.

Do they make a stealth wrap for the Cayman? If not, I will be the guy on the bicycle next year.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I have to commend Tony for having a sense of humor about this, especially since the last words he uttered before getting in the car were "I'll go first and keep Schwabe from getting in too much trouble." Obviously, that did not work.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Hey Tony,

I'm very sorry about the souvenir you received. The traveling group can't thank you enough for being our guide the first day from the Asheville rest area.

I don't think ANY of us (me especially) will ever forget the road that you took us on. I have never seen anything like it my whole life.

We'll be talking about this adventure for a LONG time. Well, until the next time at least!

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Tony,
It was great meeting you. There are so many great roads to drive in North Carolina. There's always next time. I'm doing some research and making inquiries about fighting the tickets. I'll let you and Dom know when I find out more information. Maybe Nick can send you some stealth paint to use on your car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Gonzo. Bret let us know how the DE was. A DE will be my next adventure. Pete you did a great job putting this together. I am already looking forward to next year.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Can't claim all the credit. gonzo, BigGuy, ArcunTek (Kevin) and Retired-Teach all did their work in securing hotels, dinner venues, etc.

I'm very happy with how things worked out for everyone, well, except for the tickets of course!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Tony, do they actually play basketball in Tennessee?
As an Ohio State fan I sadly have to say yes :(

Tony, it looks like this plate is available from the Ohio BMV. Not that I would want to get caught in TN with it on my car ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey all...

We finally made it back to Cincinnati after a brief stop in Charlotte. We both really enjoyed meeting all of you and can't thank you all from the northeast enough for putting all of this together.

This is a trip we will never forget! Will post pics as soon as I get a chance. Sorry to hear about Dom and Tony's tickets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts