Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to say? Been a while since I got into my Cayman S. Its been tucked away in my garage for the past two months waiting for a little break in the weather. It was a beautiful day here. Started out in the low twenties, snow banks everywhere. It hadn’t snowed in a few days and we had a spot of rain a few days before so a lot of the salt is off the roads but there’s still quite a bit of dust on the road. I went to the garage, unplugged the battery maintainer ( those of you that live in the northeast that don’t drive the Cayman in the snow know what I mean ) Started the car smiling at the sound, and proceeded on my way. It must have been pretty cold in the night, all of the trees had a rind of frost on the branches. The trees were really striking against the background of the deep blue sky. I wished I had my camera with me but it was not to be. Took the twisty back roads to my destination. It was enjoyable, the music of the engine in the background, the sun and feel of the drive. At one point I was accelerating as I exited a cloverleaf, tight, on camber and leveling at the exit. As I accelerated I felt the rear come out a bit. Nothing dramatic just a gentle reminder to be gentle with my inputs. I recalled a post that I had read from someone who spun his car in the cold at a roundabout. It was a reminder that these tires have much less grip in the cold. Thinking about warmer weather to come and more driving days : )

http://www.planet-9.com/members/drives4spd-7342-albums-winter-images.html
Link to a few pictures I took lately, not from that day.

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts