Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I might be relocating from Guam to Japan (Mt. Fuji area) for my work. I’ve been a few times for two or three weeks at a time, so I kind of know what I’m getting myself into. So my question is, do I bring the US spec CS? I’ll have SOFA status, so as I understand it, it’ll be considerably cheaper to operate my car there then if I was a Visa visitor. BUT, should I just send her home to the states and try out some local flavor, a GTR perhaps? Will I run into a lot of hassles trying to stick to my left hander?

·
Registered
526 Posts
No way, take it with you over to Japan!
Left hand drive cars over there are distinct, unusual and very popular as they are deviants.
Very similar to a right hand drive in the states, makes you turn your head when you see it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jypson=
...did you decide to bring her over from Guam?
I'm working on the Yokosuka base , but still planning my Porsche buy....BMW5series now...
--- The "E" plate imports will require a few$k to get checked out and have headlights tilted to the left(off road when on left side driving)..drop a note if you need any help from here..

·
Registered
329 Posts
I go to Japan for 2 to 3 weeks a year for work. Most of the Porsches I see there are left hand drive, at least in the Tokyo area.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Since I live in South korea, I have visited Tokyo more than 10 times. Japanese buy left-handed imported vehicles for novelty so much that left-handed is not a novelty any more.

I stopped visiting japan since the Nuke situation there.

A lot of rumors are going around there.

Hope you well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts