Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cayman Blogger
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got to Zion and need to take my mother out for a decent dinner for mother's day. I would love to kick it up a notch and take her out for a "nice" dinner, but I am fairly certain that "decent" is the highest culinary hurdle you can clear in this town. At any rate, just quickly sharing some pics of Bryce. I promise that I will start blogging like I mean it again when my mother has left the building...

Driving through Capitol Reef en route from Arches to Bryce

Bryce Amphitheater from Inspiration Point

Bryce Amphitheater from somewhere b/n Inspiration Point and Bryce Point

Agua Canyon

Natural Bridge

Fairyland Canyon​

More...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry I didn't get to your thread sooner but there are some very good restaurants in Springdale. If your spending the night there have breakfast at Oscar's.
Too bad you weren't able to head north from Bryce on Hwy. 12, it's one of the most spectacular roads in the country--both for its vistas and the marvelously sinuous road twisting, rising and falling through the landscape. Also, in Boulder there's one of the best restaurants in the intermountain west, Hell's Backbone Grill.
Zion's is one of my favorite places in all the world, my wife and I have been there with our family nearly every year of our 34 years together and we never tire of it.
Enjoy.
BW

PS--I just looked at your pictures again and if you came from Capitol Reef to Bryce you had to have come down Hwy 12. Fabulous piece of road!--BW

·
Registered
132 Posts
Zion's is one of my favorite places in all the world, my wife and I have been there with our family nearly every year of our 34 years together and we never tire of it.
!--BW
+1 … We experienced Zion last summer for the first time and I agree; it is one of the most spectacular places on earth. We spent hours every day exploring and hiking the numerous trails. We visited southern UT driving a massive RV, but I remember thinking at the time that some of those roads would be spectacular on a bike or in a sports car. As a soon to be Cayman S owner, I will make a point to go back someday.

·
Cayman Blogger
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hwy. 12 was great, but the River Road sort of spoiled me for all other roads! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, it was mind blowing, but now the bar is so much higher that I'm scared I'll never find that kind of driving pleasure again...k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts