Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone know what is the the price difference in price for those two seats if you were to buy them new as parts?

Also, anyone had experience on both of them? Trying to see if those two seats differ a lot in comfort level and height.

My local dealer says they are placing order on the seats even though my car will arrive in 2016, so that the car won't be held up by the seats. That said, I have never been into the 918 seats myself. The price is is very small when ordering the seats with a new car (only some 500 USD more expensive on the 918 seats). I would think the 918 seats would be much more than that as parts only.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Price of the 997 GT2 seats in the US are about $10,000

GT2 Leather Bucket Seats:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

The P11 918 seats are not for sale as parts yet but I expect them to be similar to the Carrera GT fixed back seats and those are around $18,000 USD

GT3 Seats (997) in Carbon Fiber:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

I've sat in both and the 997 GT2 seats are tighter and narrower in the thigh area. They've made the seat larger with the P11's.

I'm 5'7" ,150lbs with 31" waist (yay, finally gained enough weight to break 150!) and both seats fit me fine.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh Thanks guys

I'm asking as there are plenty who feel the 918 seats are uncomfortable, and also plenty who argued GT2 seats were bad for long drives. I personally found the GT2 seats one of the best seats made. So I don't know whether the comments about comfort were a GT2 vs 918 seats thing, or just generic bucket seats issue.

Didn't realize the ClubSport needs 918 and can't take GT2 ones. In that case the decision is easy ...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
918 seats also have electric height adjustment.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm 5'7" ,150lbs with 31" waist (yay, finally gained enough weight to break 150!) and both seats fit me fine.
Heh, I've been going the other way. I'm 5'8", but have dropped from 171 to 158. Four more pounds to go for hitting my first real goal. I figure I'll get like 60% of the Motorsport battery's benefit (29.5lb weight reduction) for free.

·
Registered
170 Posts
How are seats that insanely expensive...

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 918 seats are great.. awkward at first but after a while you get used to the angle and they're very comfortable..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there,

Does anyone know what is the the price difference in price for those two seats if you were to buy them new as parts?

Also, anyone had experience on both of them? Trying to see if those two seats differ a lot in comfort level and height.

My local dealer says they are placing order on the seats even though my car will arrive in 2016, so that the car won't be held up by the seats. That said, I have never been into the 918 seats myself. The price is is very small when ordering the seats with a new car (only some 500 USD more expensive on the 918 seats). I would think the 918 seats would be much more than that as parts only.

interestingly on the Porsche configurator, many countries let you choose between the sport buckets and full buckets when spec'ing your GT4 - ~USD$600 different in price as seen in the UK (would figure much larger price difference through dealer such as Suncoast

) image.jpg

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,852 Posts
I think you inverted the conversion factor when going from pounds to dollars...the difference in price is ~$4,500

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you inverted the conversion factor when going from pounds to dollars...the difference in price is ~$4,500

think poster was asking price difference between GT2 style seat vs. 918 seat, so that's ~£400 x 1.50 = $600. But yes vs. std seat ~$4,500 difference

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,852 Posts
My bad. In the US, GT2 sport buckets are not available as an option. I wish they were, since the lightweight "full" bucket 981 seats were back ordered when I spec'ed my GT4, so I ordered the basic sport seats instead. Ironically, the Clubsport package is also not available in the US, so wouldn't it make sense for PCNA to offer the GT2 seats?

·
Registered
177 Posts
...wouldn't it make sense for PCNA to offer the GT2 seats?
My understanding is that current NHSTA regs require some form of height adjustment, something that the old buckets are missing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts