Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is indicating my build will "be completed on Jan 25th". :dance:

What have others been seeing lately on amount of time between build completion and delivery? My delivery location will be Portland Oregon.

Between now and delivery, any recommendations on what I should be doing to prepare (I think I recall a post or doc on delivery inspection I'll ck out).

Thanks,

Flip

·
Premium Member
377 Posts

What have others been seeing lately on amount of time between build completion and delivery? My delivery location will be Portland Oregon.

Between now and delivery, any recommendations on what I should be doing to prepare (I think I recall a post or doc on delivery inspection I'll ck out).

Thanks,

Flip
Hi Flip,
I am having a car built on Feb 9th. I was told at Sunset (is this where you purchased?) that it usually takes about 6 weeks for delivery after build date. However, it can vary depending on how quickly the ship departs with the car on it. So, yours should arrive the beginning of March. I am disappointed as that means mine will not arrive until the end of March.

Barry

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Flip,
I am having a car built on Feb 9th. I was told at Sunset (is this where you purchased?) that it usually takes about 6 weeks for delivery after build date. However, it can vary depending on how quickly the ship departs with the car on it. So, yours should arrive the beginning of March. I am disappointed as that means mine will not arrive until the end of March.

Barry
Barry,

Yes, I purchased from Sunset. Actually was by there today to look at an example of their clear bra application on a Cayman.

Regarding delivery, they think it will be early March for me. But I'm keeping expectations in check....you never know how long it will take to fill up the boat and we know they won't sail unless full.

Later,

Flip

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I had them do a clear bra on my last car and it was a good job. Only thing was that it was on white and it showed up a little more than on other colors. What did you order?

Barry

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Build completion was 10 December, ship is scheduled to arrive in Houston on 18 January allow several days for processing would put it at the dealers on or about 22 January. Now the captain could have the crew row faster. The six week estimate from completion to delivery is a good guide that has proven sound for several cars I have ordered over the years.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Thanks,

Flip
Morning Flip, I think this part is harder than waiting for a build date. Knowing that your car is ready and just waiting to board... I am in Atlanta. From the time I was told my car was complete it took around 4 weeks so actually quicker than they thought it would. I think most will say 6 weeks and then if it comes early it is a great surprise! Good luck with your delivery. Mine was Oct 28th and all went smooth and I am just about to hit my break in miles. The car truly gets better the more I drive...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had them do a clear bra on my last car and it was a good job. Only thing was that it was on white and it showed up a little more than on other colors. What did you order?

Barry
I'll probably have them do the clear bra as well.

I've ordered a CS in Macadamia Metalic ("MM") with natural brown leather....given what I've seen, a fairly rare combination. I've seen some MM with sand beige but none with natural brown. When I was making decisions, Sunset had a MM turbo that I was able to hold up both sand beige and natural brown against....natural brown won.

Here is the complete build....more street/comfort than track for sure:

BASE Cayman S
9S Macadamia Metallic
06 Brown Natural Leather
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
P23 PCM 3.0 w/ Extended Navigation
P75 BiXenon Headlights w/Dyn Cornr
XMZ Rear Center Console in Leather
220 Limited Slip Rear Differential
250 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung
404 19" Turbo Wheel
475 PASM
498 Delete Model Designation
509 Fire Extinguisher
573 Automatic Climate Control
619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile
680 Bose High End Sound Package
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
870 Universal Audio Interface
998 Leather Interior Natural Lthr
XLF Sport Exhaust System
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus

Next couple of months will be challenging with the wait....last three months went by extremely fast due to my business and the holidays. But hey, I've waited this long (started the process in Jan 2009) a couple more months will be a piece of cake.

Later,

Flip

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
But hey, I've waited this long (started the process in Jan 2009) a couple more months will be a piece of cake.

Later,

Flip
Sounds like a great car. :cheers: I started in August which is 9 months start to finish. They didn't have any build dates for 2010 Caymans and had to trade something to another dealer to get it. Originally it was January then pushed back to Feb. 9th.
On the clear bra, I've had them done at other places and Sunset's guy did better for a competitive price. Just be clear about what areas you want to be covered beforehand. Plus, they will stand behind it because they give him a lot of business.
Barry

·
Registered
30 Posts

I've ordered a CS in Macadamia Metalic ("MM") with natural brown leather....given what I've seen, a fairly rare combination.
Here is the complete build....more street/comfort than track for sure
Rare indeed. Bold color combo and I think it will look stunning. Congrats on having the courage and creativity to spec something a bit "different". The MM looks fantastic in person, especially in the sun light.

Be sure to post some pics upon delivery :cheers:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

I've ordered a CS in Macadamia Metalic ("MM") with natural brown leather....given what I've seen, a fairly rare combination. I've seen some MM with sand beige but none with natural brown. When I was making decisions, Sunset had a MM turbo that I was able to hold up both sand beige and natural brown against....

Flip
I thought that would be a nice combo but didn't have the courage to pull the trigger. Settled for MGM with black leather innards. My build date should be very close to yours so it's an exciting time for both of us.:cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rare indeed. Bold color combo and I think it will look stunning. Congrats on having the courage and creativity to spec something a bit "different". The MM looks fantastic in person, especially in the sun light.

Be sure to post some pics upon delivery :cheers:
Props to my lovely wife on color combo...she has a nack. It also really helped to have an actual MM at the dealership to see in person and hold up the natural brown leather sample against to make the final choice. Will post pics when its in....March timeframe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought that would be a nice combo but didn't have the courage to pull the trigger. Settled for MGM with black leather innards. My build date should be very close to yours so it's an exciting time for both of us.:cheers:
Was at the dealership yesterday and their ck of the system tells them its in the body shop....which they say indicates we could get a build completion any day now....or not :hilarious:

Seriously, the dealer thinks they'll get build completion / VIN in about a week which is a bit ahead of Jan 25th date previously provided. Somehow I doubt it will change the March delivery....the old "won't sail a half empty boat" issue.

Will keep the board updated as I get more...and of course pics when I take delivery.

Flip

·
Registered
119 Posts
Barry,

Yes, I purchased from Sunset. Actually was by there today to look at an example of their clear bra application on a Cayman.

Regarding delivery, they think it will be early March for me. But I'm keeping expectations in check....you never know how long it will take to fill up the boat and we know they won't sail unless full.

Later,

Flip
Easy solution, just order enough cars to fill the boat then "change your mind" and just keep one. Case closed, Edith. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+1

We are looking at ordering PRG over natural brown, and the more pics to help us decide, the better. MM is a close second.

John
Will do on the pics John...hope you can wait until March when delivery is expected.

·
Registered
500 Posts
There is a difference between "build date" and "completion date", I have a January build with a completion date of Feb 17. I have a lot of exclusive options so the car goes to the exclusive shop after it comes off line. My dealer says about 10 days from "completion" to delivery (east coast) depending on sailing schedule....getting time to clean up the garage for the new baby!

Nice build by the way!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
For those with cars on the Hercules Highway it is docking in Baltimore as we speak. Still looks on schedule for porting in Houston on 18 Jan. hopefully I'll see my car around 21 January. Stay warm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts