Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
i was wondering how much it takes time for the car to arrive after the build date have started . I have a car order , the build date is on december (?) no precise date yet , i was told by my salesman it will be here in November (the first 10 days ) , but an other employee there , i guess another saleswomen told me it should arrive mid october . But the official date that i was given by the dealership is arround November . Just wanted to know how many tim should the car take to arrive if its a September build .

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
No1 can help guys ?
YAWN!!! hey, most of have not had our coffee yet, we need a little time to wake up over here!!! ;)

The dealer should be able to provide you with a printout of the tracking sheet, from the sounds of no one is actually looking at that they are just throwing out dates for you.

·
Registered
626 Posts
YAWN!!! hey, most of have not had our coffee yet, we need a little time to wake up over here!!! ;)

The dealer should be able to provide you with a printout of the tracking sheet, from the sounds of no one is actually looking at that they are just throwing out dates for you.
Westcoaster is correct. it should give you an actual build date and estimated delivery.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah , well loads of replies were all over the other threads :D anws good morning and thanks for ur reply , im almost desperate when waiting for my car so i want to get any kind of information and thats the main reason i joined the site .
Well the dealer told me bfore september they can not know any information which made sense to me cz the car is not yet in the production line . I would benefit from the experience of the members in here who passed threw this . Maybe my dealer is not doin a good job i duno .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they did that . They told me it will be a semptember build but they didnt precise the exact day . And they told me it should be here in the first 10 days of november , but another employee told me maybe they can get it in mid october , which left me confused .

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I don't have my scanner hooked up or I would have provided what I have, but I did find this example, from it you can see all of the dates, they estimate then record the actual ones on the system as they happen.

Your SA should have access to this and be able to provide printouts... just be sure that the commission number is for your car as it is unique.

Attachments

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
If you have a confirmed build slot, there is a cutoff date by which you should have provided all configuration input and changes. Once that configuration date is locked, there is a whole series of dates for enter body shop, exit body shop, ship to port, exit port, enter final port destination, inspection, ready for shipment to dealer, into dealer inventory (at your dealer). I live in Florida, from the time my configuration locked (June 8) until it arrived at my dealer and was delivered to me (August 21) is less than 3 months). Porsche provides the dealer with a whole set of forecast dates for the events I noted and it is all based on the actual configuration lock date.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn . Thanks a lot mate . They never gave me such document or tracking sheet . im gonna email them now ! Thanks again

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
If i have a comission no. that would mean anything ? I mean does it mean there is an actual allocation ? thanks
It is my understanding that a commission number is only issued when you have an allocation, this will provide the means to track the vehicle, it is also listed on the Monroney sticker.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Agree with Westcoaster. The commission number that is on my Monroney is the same one that started appearing on the tracking sheet and was noted there on the date the order was locked in the system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh thats good , i just checked the papers i had from the dealer and saw the comission number so that should mean that there is an allocation . I emailed the SA , but its sunday so i will have to wait till tomorow to c if they have a tracking sheet . Thanks guys !

·
Registered
734 Posts
It is my understanding that a commission number is only issued when you have an allocation, this will provide the means to track the vehicle, it is also listed on the Monroney sticker.
This keeps being brought up, and its a false statement. A commission number does not mean you have an allocation.

It has to be in the V200's in order to be assigned a build date.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
This keeps being brought up, and its a false statement. A commission number does not mean you have an allocation.

It has to be in the V200's in order to be assigned a build date.
I believe these things go hand-in-hand, if you have both of them you are off to the races which is what I think that I said... I suppose a dealer could take your order before they an allocation slot but it was my understanding that the commission number was the acceptance by PAG that they will build the car. I don't see how they could have provided a tracking sheet without an allocation slot and this along with the commission number means things are moving forward.

My tracking sheet started at V200: "Delivery date determined" with a date of April 24th which was over a month before my order was placed on May 27th, When my order locked this date changed to June 15th.

Hmmm, this is interesting and worth following up on, I will ask on Tuesday and report back.

Reactions: safamajd

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a bit confused now , i look forward to hear from u what u got mate . Tomorrow ill c what my dealer says and let u know as well .

·
Registered
734 Posts
http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...ring/109276-unfortunate-situation-dealer.html

Here is one members misadventure. He ordered a car, was given paperwork with a commission number. A few months later, he asks how the process is going(expecting he is taking delivery soon) and is told that he was never given a build slot.

It turns out, his commission number was V70 whereas the rest of us got V200's when our orders were accepted.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts