Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My black 987.2S has hundreds of rock chip spots all around the front bumper and the hood. The rest of the car including the fenders will be fine with just a paint correction. I already reached out to a local paint shop that knows Porsche for a consultation, will visit them later this week. What's a good price for a repaint like this? Is it difficult to match the color to a 10 year old paint on the rest of the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
To give an estimate for the cost would be very tough local market conditions are at play, I would suggest you shop around your area to compare prices and workmanship, here quality and warranty varies greatly between shops.

Another suggestion I might make is getting the entire front of the car, windshield forward including the fenders (possibly the windshield surround) to make the front all one tone of black. You do know that most shops will want to blend the color into the doors to make any difference less detectable.

Reactions: Boski

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I started realizing that feathering the paint to the fenders is probably a must for a professional finish.

And I take your advice to shop for prices, there are some ridiculous quotes for simple jobs on P-cars in Chicago.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Keep us posted, it is always interesting to have up to date informtion on repairs like this even if they are not from one's local are, gives some perspective to those that follow.

All to often I hear people say, 'oh, that will only cost a couple hundred bucks...' when in reality a quality job is rarely that cheap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts