Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I think you guys did a great job and as much as I like CF I think in body colour would blend in better, the contrast is a bit to much (for me).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you guys did a great job and as much as I like CF I think in body colour would blend in better, the contrast is a bit to much (for me).
We made a white gel coated fiberglass one as well. Having it painted soon. I'm so torn on which one I like better!

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes. that looks awesome!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
We made a white gel coated fiberglass one as well. Having it painted soon. I'm so torn on which one I like better!
Danny, certainly looks different in white, perhaps painted to match it would blend better? It looks like the 'cover' is oversized. perhaps held on by the license plate mounts?

Just throwing this out there, did you try to make a version to 'fit within' the opening and simply fill the opening as opposed to covering over it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Danny, certainly looks different in white, perhaps painted to match it would blend better? It looks like the 'cover' is oversized. perhaps held on by the license plate mounts?

Just throwing this out there, did you try to make a version to 'fit within' the opening and simply fill the opening as opposed to covering over it?
Yes. We came up with a few pieces. It's very difficult to cover the bottom edge where the bumperettes cut into the bumper cover once removed. We had some great looking pieces that fit internally, however, because none of the revisions covered the cutouts in a visually appealing way, that concept was retired.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's mine installed, painted to match. Excellent fit and finish, great product!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts