Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

as per title, is that a good idea? In alternative, I can find 2017 Macan base with similar mileages at the same price. I have a few question:

1) The cost of the car is well within my budget. However, should I expect major maintenance problems and expenses?

2) Furthermore, how long should I expect it to last before buying a new car would be more convenient than mainteining it?

3) Will the 6-cylinder engine of the Macan S be more troublesome, from a maintenance standpoint, compared to the Macan base engine?

FYI, I usually drive 75k miles every 10 years, mainly on highwais and in low-traffic, small towns.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
First, get a Pre Purchase Inspection on the Macan S. Second the Macan S is so much better than the base Macan, so get the S. I don't think the 6 cylinder has any more issues than the 4 and MPG isn't much different. The 2017 is the same body and interior as the 2015, so no advantage there. Feel free to save yourself a ton of money by using a German auto repair shop versus the dealer. There is no reason you can't get 150K miles from a Macan S.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: shockwave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, get a Pre Purchase Inspection on the Macan S. Second the Macan S is so much better than the base Macan, so get the S. I don't think the 6 cylinder has any more issues than the 4 and MPG isn't much different. The 2017 is the same body and interior as the 2015, so no advantage there. Feel free to save yourself a ton of money by using a German auto repair shop versus the dealer. There is no reason you can't get 150K miles from a Macan S.

Thank you for replying, James III. Would a Porsche-certification (the 111-point inspection) make for a PPI?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank you for replying, James III. Would a Porsche-certification (the 111-point inspection) make for a PPI?
So the vehicle you want to buy is at a Porsche dealership? Is it a CPO or just inspected? Go to the service center and ask the mechanic the difference between a PPI and Porsche Certification. I would expect a 2015 is going to be relatively problem free if there is no accident history and it's not from the snow belt states where road salt can cause damage underneath.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
I don't about the 2015 4 cylinder but my 2018 is great and I see no reason to spend for an S but that is a good price

Reactions: shockwave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the vehicle you want to buy is at a Porsche dealership? Is it a CPO or just inspected? Go to the service center and ask the mechanic the difference between a PPI and Porsche Certification. I would expect a 2015 is going to be relatively problem free if there is no accident history and it's not from the snow belt states where road salt can cause damage underneath.

It is a CPO and yes, the vehicle is sold by a Porsche dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts