Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I have some questions about the Cayman.

How much should I offer above invoice when negotiating the car price. Is 500-1000 over reasonable? I would prefer to stay near 700ish.

Also is this car good for leasing? Are the residuals high and MF low?
Oh, can somebody tell me if the dealer was BSing me. I was thinking about placing an custom order but he told me that he won't know the MF and residuals for when the car is delivered. If i place an order now, shouldn't i get the rates now? not when my car is delivered? It seemed like he was just pushing me to get a car off the lot.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Guys,
How much should I offer above invoice when negotiating the car price. Is 500-1000 over reasonable? I would prefer to stay near 700ish.

Also is this car good for leasing? Are the residuals high and MF low?
Oh, can somebody tell me if the dealer was BSing me. I was thinking about placing an custom order but he told me that he won't know the MF and residuals for when the car is delivered. If i place an order now, shouldn't i get the rates now? not when my car is delivered? It seemed like he was just pushing me to get a car off the lot.

Thanks!
I think you may be a tad ambitious with your discount on an ordered car given the limited allocations of sports car most dealers have.

The car leases fine. MFs are decent and the residuals are realistic. Your dealer was not jerking you around. Porsche Financial changes rates and residuals often, sometimes monthly. He could give you a quote based on today's rates however they very likely would not be applicable once your car arrives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
do you think 700 over invoice is good for a car on the lot?
when i use edmunds and usnews to see what other people are paying for this car, they are paying MUCH lower than MSRP, maybe an average of just $1000 over invoice.
he had me at 4000 over invoice and wouldn't budge

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Fwiw, i would be that 4k over invoice. I have 2 2010 Cayman S' for the rest of the model year. All other cars were order to spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts