Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm currently driving an 08' 335i with mods and looking for a weekend fun car for both myself and fiance. We've shopped around and have done some research on the different years and models. I have to get an auto for her so we'll only be looking at the 09s+ for the PDK system. With my budget, I can only afford a base model (which is still an amazing machine!)

So far, I've tracked down an 09 guards red w/ beige interior for $39,500 with 10k miles. Here are the options:

- PDK transmission
- seat ventilation
- sound package plus
- bluetooth phone interface
- heated seats
- windstop deflector
- heated steering wheel
- universal audio interface
- auto climate control
- 18" Boxster "S" 2 wheels.

Car looks to be in excellent shape and had a list price of 56,200. Would the price seem like a good deal? Should I look for another low-mileage example? Anything else I should look out for? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
463 Posts
You might be able to do a little better on the price but it's not unfair. Like yours mine was a base model with similar options (one or two differnet here or there but none significantly expensive). Mine was a year old also but it only had 3,900 miles and I paid $39K before NY State Sales tax. You have plenty of warranty left so it really doesn't have to be a CPO car. Is it being sold privately or thru a dealer? If it's a private sale I'd offer $37-$38. Even a dealer would probably come down if that's their out of the box price. In any event I'd have it checked out mechanically and go over it yourself physically and if it's as good as you say, grab it. You'll absolutely love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The car is at a dealership and is listed for 42k which i thought was already competitively priced. There's another comparably equipped one at a different dealership with only 4500 miles but is listed for $46,600. I plan on asking for a DME scan to see if anything pops up.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
The car is at a dealership and is listed for 42k which i thought was already competitively priced. There's another comparably equipped one at a different dealership with only 4500 miles but is listed for $46,600. I plan on asking for a DME scan to see if anything pops up.
This is a buyers market offer 37K, if they don't take it , thank them and get up and start walking to your car. I don't think that you will make it back to your car, if you do keep looking, there great deals out there. Good Luck

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is a buyers market offer 37K, if they don't take it , thank them and get up and start walking to your car. I don't think that you will make it back to your car, if you do keep looking, there great deals out there. Good Luck
This is great advice. About pretty much any consumer good, as well.

·
Northeast Member
751 Posts
Is the car a CPO? If so, it should fetch a little more than one that is not.
Also, not sure of what markets you are looking in, but an 09 pdk with 9400 miles on it sold at acution in West Palm for $38200 and one with 5700 miles on it sold in Riverside at $42500. There are only a few that have gone through auction and I'm not sure of the equipment on those, because the acution report doesn't have it, but I would say the price you are getting for the equipment you have listed sounds like a pretty fair one!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Man, teach your fiancé to drive stick! Don't give in like that ;). I'm teaching mine how to drive it (well, will, after I get enough miles to break my box s in). It also helps that a few of my girl's friends also drive stick, and are egging her on to learn. for what is worth, before I bought my 2010 box s, I drove 2 Cayman s with PDK... liked it, but I got way more satisfaction out of rowing my own gears (also test drove a 335i and audi S5...2 days after I bought my box and could not be happier with the choice).

re the price, look around. there are great deals out there; it's a buyer’s market. have some patience. Search autotrader, cars.com, etc. for deals. Also, if you get a CPO car, you’ll get an additional 2 years warranty on top of the original 4 year warranty balance. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the advice! I'd love to get a 6-spd but for a car we're both sharing and probably won't ever take to the track, I'm afraid I will need to settle for an auto (though I consider the new PDK to be a GREAT system!). My 335i has some mods (tune, FMIC, diverter valves, intake, downpipes, KW V2s + 19s), so whenever I feel the need for speed or rowing, I can always hop into that.

I'm planning to take a look at the one listed for $46,600 this weekend and see if they're willing to deal. I've been constantly searching on ebay, autotrader, cars.com within a 1000 mile radius and most of the 09 PDKs optioned similarly are priced between 45-48k. I also haven't seen any 09's optioned with the sport chrono option. I guess 09s are still so new that not many people are trading them in yet so there aren't many used ones available.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Thanks everyone for the advice! I'd love to get a 6-spd but for a car we're both sharing and probably won't ever take to the track, I'm afraid I will need to settle for an auto (though I consider the new PDK to be a GREAT system!). My 335i has some mods (tune, FMIC, diverter valves, intake, downpipes, KW V2s + 19s), so whenever I feel the need for speed or rowing, I can always hop into that.

I'm planning to take a look at the one listed for $46,600 this weekend and see if they're willing to deal. I've been constantly searching on ebay, autotrader, cars.com within a 1000 mile radius and most of the 09 PDKs optioned similarly are priced between 45-48k. I also haven't seen any 09's optioned with the sport chrono option. I guess 09s are still so new that not many people are trading them in yet so there aren't many used ones available.
Remember, the prices that dealers and private parties are "asking prices".
You have a lot of leverage in this buyer seller relationship and you should use it. You should also think about asking your fiance if she would like to try and expand her automotive horizons and learn how to drive a stick. Rent the Italian Job I think the opening scene has a hot chick driving a stick shift Mini. Good Luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey I am looking at 2009 boxter-s from a dealer in NJ MSRP 71,800, he will sell it for 56k. It has 650 miles on it, so its really brand new. Just trying to decide between that and used 2008 650i vert. So it is basically 15k off of window, not bad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.