Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not expect this time to come so soon. I will be selling my car in May and picking up a Panamera 4S. I already specced the Panamera and paid the down payment. Now I wait till April/May for delivery.

The 911 turbo was my dream car and will probably remain my dream car. I cannot get enough of that turbo boost at RPMs as low as 2.9K but my wife and I are expecting. At first I was looking around for super foldable strollers which would fit in the trunk and was working around having my 911 tt as a daily driver but good news changed all this. We are expecting twins and that completely takes the 911 tt out of the picture. Luckily the Panamera was released as I was dreading eveery minute of "checking out" other brands like the Mercedes S55 and the BMW 750. I did not mind the Maserati Quattroporte but for that price, it sure is not worth it IMO.
The panamera , to me, is perfect.Albeit not having a 3rd seat in the back as we would like to take our maid along when needed.
Its got luxury, power (especially if you get the turbo version) and uniqueness.

Now I will enjoy every minute of my 911 tt till the panamera gets here.

Coincidentally, I owned the Cayman S (some of you will remember it) for 1 year and 7 months, and I will have owned the 911 tt for also exactly 1 year and 7 months upon receiving the Panamera.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats on the twins, glad to see you stayed with Porsche, i'm sure the turbo Panamera will serve you well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
capercat, ive ordered a Panamera 4S. My wife's uncle has the turbo version. I drove it for a little and did enjoy the 0-100 accelerations but was not very impressed with it from say 120 to 180 (in kph). I chose the 4S and went all out in the luxury area.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car and the youngun's as well.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Congrats on the new car and more importantly the twins :cheers:

In order to get the most out of your TT you'll need to get it on the track before it goes....so get yourself along to the Porsche Club UAE track day on the 12th of Feb at Yas Marina.......hurry there's limited slots!

If you come along there might be a Panamera 4S used as the Ring taxi for rides around the track as has been done on the last two track days.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gomarlins, thanks a lot. Looking forward to both yet sad to think that my days driving the 911 tt are numbered. . ...

Dunebasher, thanks I may just do that. Im looking forward to trying out Yas circuit .

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Dunebasher, thanks I may just do that. Im looking forward to trying out Yas circuit .
If you do it would be great to put a face to a name. Hurry though because the first track day at Yas was full with 65 cars in only 4-5 days, and I think many people are very keen to get back on Yas and continue to learn it, and with 50 spaces this time only, you'd better be quick.

Alternatively you could just head down to the track (I could send you a pass) and watch/meet people.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my car is in for servicing and then needs to get sent to the body shop after it. Some person scratched it in the parking lot while backing out or something. Hopefully it will be out in time for the event. Ill have to give Karim a call too.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Many Congrats, times 3. 2 for your twins and 1 for the car. Guess you'd probably be the first Panamera owner here ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a set of 997 turbo wheels that I placed on my 997 C4S. What is the front and rear tire air pressure for two people in the turbo?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did not expect this time to come so soon. I will be selling my car in May and picking up a Panamera 4S. I already specced the Panamera and paid the down payment. Now I wait till April/May for delivery.

The 911 turbo was my dream car and will probably remain my dream car. I cannot get enough of that turbo boost at RPMs as low as 2.9K but my wife and I are expecting. At first I was looking around for super foldable strollers which would fit in the trunk and was working around having my 911 tt as a daily driver but good news changed all this. We are expecting twins and that completely takes the 911 tt out of the picture. Luckily the Panamera was released as I was dreading eveery minute of "checking out" other brands like the Mercedes S55 and the BMW 750. I did not mind the Maserati Quattroporte but for that price, it sure is not worth it IMO.
The panamera , to me, is perfect.Albeit not having a 3rd seat in the back as we would like to take our maid along when needed.
Its got luxury, power (especially if you get the turbo version) and uniqueness.

Now I will enjoy every minute of my 911 tt till the panamera gets here.

Coincidentally, I owned the Cayman S (some of you will remember it) for 1 year and 7 months, and I will have owned the 911 tt for also exactly 1 year and 7 months upon receiving the Panamera.
Congrats! What color is your 911 tt? Did you post pics some where here as I only see your CS in your garage and profile. Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
That turbo is a beauty (as is your AP ROO) - is that an OEM Aero Kit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts