Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car and driver named 718 Cayman/Boxster on its 2018 Ten best. Best quote: "one lap around our 10best loop is all it takes to divine how truly reliable the 718 chassis is; most editors use the Porsche as the benchmark for the rest of the week's driving".

·
Registered
421 Posts
They love Porsches. And I think Consumer Reports recommends every model as well. I think when both of those magazines agree on a car, it's an excellent choice!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yah, the corner of the internet (981 owners) that continue to bemoan the 4-pot are getting drowned out review by review.

https://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/and-the-winners-are-2017s-10best-cars-in-pictures#10
Actually, people are just coming to terms with the fact that the 6 is gone and the 4 is here to stay, so lets make the best of it. Who is to say that if it was still the 981 it wouldnt have also made the list? Its still a GREAT car, its just not as good to everyone as the last model was, to some its the greatest thing ever made.

I just posted this review by Top Gear on the new GTS in the review thread. They state its a great car, https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/porsche/boxster/25-gts-2dr/first-drive but make no bones about the fact that they are coming to terms with the 4 and that they still think the previous version, even if slower, was still the car to have, even stating in the article they still recommend finding a 981 if you can.

So maybe lets put an end to the jabs at those that still like the 981 better. Its over, the 718 is here to stay, lets move forward. Peace.

·
Registered
737 Posts
One reason why EVO magazine is largely buried and most of its staff are scattered to the four corners is because of the "NA manual" mantra - it simply doesn't resonate in the real world to the majority of car buyers. This year they woke up and awarded the ECOTY 2017 to the McLaren 720S.

Anyhow, from my perspective the 718S was one of the picks of 2016 (for me) - it really is that good.

So maybe lets put an end to the jabs at those that still like the 981 better. Its over, the 718 is here to stay, lets move forward. Peace.
I suggest you live by your own words and don't selectively quote people and then cross post. You did this recently, taking one line from a thread on this site leaving behind the two or three qualifying lines and then posted it in a thread on another site.

Indeed the world has moved on - every single sports car currently manufactured by Porsche is turbocharged - the exception being the .2 GT3 which in large part was a fix for the self inflicted wound that was the .1 GT3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts