Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 911 Carrera which came with a c/d player. Worked fine until last week when it froze. Thought it might be a fuse and pulled Row D 8&9 radio and sound package. They seem fine and car electronics work fine. Could there be another fuse involved? Thanks for your help. Stay safe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2001 911 Carrera which came with a c/d player. Worked fine until last week when it froze. Thought it might be a fuse and pulled Row D 8&9 radio and sound package. They seem fine and car electronics work fine. Could there be another fuse involved? Thanks for your help. Stay safe
I have a newer 911, but just going through the trouble shooting I would do.... Does this have the c/d player built into the main dash unit, or is it a multi c/d unit that is separate from the dash? If it has a multi c/d changer, there is a small chance there could be another fuse. Also, check for any loose connections with the interconnect cable.

Was the c/d that jammed one that you burned, or was it a commercial c/d? If you burned it, did it have a paper label on the c/d? Was the c/d slightly warped, which can happen if subject to heat. If so, that might have caused a jam. It is not unusual for these mechanical changers to jam. The unit would need to be removed, I assume, to remove the jam. Sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a newer 911, but just going through the trouble shooting I would do.... Does this have the c/d player built into the main dash unit, or is it a multi c/d unit that is separate from the dash? If it has a multi c/d changer, there is a small chance there could be another fuse. Also, check for any loose connections with the interconnect cable.

Was the c/d that jammed one that you burned, or was it a commercial c/d? If you burned it, did it have a paper label on the c/d? Was the c/d slightly warped, which can happen if subject to heat. If so, that might have caused a jam. It is not unusual for these mechanical changers to jam. The unit would need to be removed, I assume, to remove the jam. Sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jlaz. The c/d is part of the main dash. Do you think it might be a fuse as connections seem ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts